xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
magiccode91405241511

Microsoft Releases Windows Vista Service Pack 2

Microsoft Releases Windows Vista Service Pack 2

This week Microsoft announced that it has released Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) for download.

You can download Vista SP2 directly from Microsoft's Web site or wait for it to be automatically delivered to your Vista system via Windows Update within the next few weeks. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is a prerequisite for installing SP2 in Windows Vista. If you use Windows Update or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.

Besides just "repackaging" all updates released since SP1, SP2 packs a few new or updated features:

Native support for Blu-ray burning

Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack

Windows Search 4.0

Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi Configuration

Wi-Fi connection performance updates (faster re-connect after resuming from sleep mode)

Support for new 64-bit CPUs from VIA Technologies

Increases in power management efficiency (reportedly by around 10 percent)

Downloads:

Release Notes for Windows Vista with Service Pack 2

Five Language Standalone - 32-bit (English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish)

Five Language Standalone - 64-bit (English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish)

If your system has additional languages you'll need to install the "All Language" version - which will be released sometime later. I will update this article with the links to the "All Language" version when they become available.

I was greeted with the Vista SP2 update this past Tuesday. I was surprised that the install was out of the way, it installed in the background without any prompts. When I shutdown I got the “Shutdown and Install Updates” option which I of course took. On restart it took a few moments longer to start but nothing like service packs of the past. I was quite astonished that it worked so well (at least for me and this one system).I was not aware that they bundled Windows Search 4.0 into the service pack so I will have to go home and properly dispose of the particular nuisance.

This announcement includes Windows Server 2008. Luckily for us, unlike the XP generation, the Vista and Server 2008 binary is the same so for those like me who have Server 2008 should download Service Pack 2 from the link above.Cheers,xboxrulz

problem installing vista service pack 2Microsoft Releases Windows Vista Service Pack 2

the windows vista service pack doesn't install in my machine. After initially installing and rebooting the system message comes that service pack did not install reverting back changes. What is the problem?? 

-reply by anshuman

Miscrosoft Service packsMicrosoft Releases Windows Vista Service Pack 2

I have been trying to download and install the service packs for Vista 32 bit and for the past 2 years I still have not been able to get them onto my HD.  Update after update and nothing happens. Oh yeah a few things did occur. I got a worm installed onto my HD, My DVD and CD rom suddenly stopped working, Internet explorer just does nothing because I cannot install the service packs. Microsoft has not been helpful at all. I'm investing in an Apple.

Oh yeah, I can't get rid of that darn Napster, which I would be so grateful if it just burst into flames and vanished forever.  anyway that is for another website.

-reply by Donnatella