xisto Community
dougeg

Windows 7 wow its fun

so this is going to be fun as you no the new os is comeing around and as we all no its out as beta its fun fun fun love it the new look wanted someone other people comments on iti love it i dont dissagree if you hate it but i do think it is a wave that is new loli do alot of beta testing

I never found out if Windows 7 has a good compatibility for computer games. Anyone know if it does?

whatever works on Vista will work on Windows 7. Don't treat Windows 7 is like a godsend as it's just a tweaked up version of Windows Vista. Actually with Windows Vista SP2, it's about just as fast as Windows 7 RC.

So, don't believe what Microsoft is promoting as a saviour to Vista.

xboxrulz

whatever works on Vista will work on Windows 7. Don't treat Windows 7 is like a godsend as it's just a tweaked up version of Windows Vista. Actually with Windows Vista SP2, it's about just as fast as Windows 7 RC.
So, don't believe what Microsoft is promoting as a saviour to Vista.

xboxrulz

Have you tried it out already ?
Even compared to Vista SP2 it feels a lot faster because the complete architecture of Windows 7 is just better than that of Vista.

Have you tried it out already ?

Even compared to Vista SP2 it feels a lot faster because the complete architecture of Windows 7 is just better than that of Vista.

Ya, I'm running the RTM version of Windows Server 2008 R2 since 2 days ago.

I did my full impression/review of it at my website here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The RTM version is basically small tweaks and critical bug fixes of the RC version. RC version is 90+% of what RTM is.

xboxrulz

windows 7 is really alot of runaround visual stuff to do the most simple tasks, it's the equivalent to me announcing on loudspeaker every step i'm making as i tie my shoes in the morning.

no doubt win 7 is the best for all win users but i would say after xp. 7 is better than vista but still have some of the flaws compared to xp. Its good for some new computers not for old processors and old computers. 7 have loads of bew features and as per i know it has introduced some new 600 features than vista. and also its a price effective product but still have many bugs.

windows 7 is really alot of runaround visual stuff to do the most simple tasks, it's the equivalent to me announcing on loudspeaker every step i'm making as i tie my shoes in the morning.

I am using a windows 7 Ultimate that I got free from school samples. It made my computer faster but it also introduces threaded kernel error. The part that made it faster was the enhanced memory handling. The threaded kernel errors was nice for my point of view since it does not totally crashed my windows 7 into a point that the system freezes. There are still some blue screen errors on installations and long time run for this OS.

Installation from DVD either needs flashing your DVD roms or buying new DVD drives. It is also annoying to read a system error that says.. "DVD drive not found" when it is about to copy or extract the windows files. This is after booting from DVD and starting setup from the same DVD.

I still keep my XP and Linux partitions.. but on line of my work.. I use windows 7 over windows XP.. When I pay online, I do it via windows XP the rest is on Windows 7 or Linux.

I still keep my XP and Linux partitions.. but on line of my work.. I use windows 7 over windows XP.. When I pay online, I do it via windows XP the rest is on Windows 7 or Linux.

Wouldn't it be better if you used Linux for online transactions, as it is much safer than any Windows?

Installation from DVD either needs flashing your DVD roms or buying new DVD drives. It is also annoying to read a system error that says.. "DVD drive not found" when it is about to copy or extract the windows files. This is after booting from DVD and starting setup from the same DVD.

i haven't seen many people talking about this error; are you sure it's widespread? Or maybe it's just the dvd you're using which is at fault.

Wouldn't it be better if you used Linux for online transactions, as it is much safer than any Windows?

A lot of online transaction engines are poorly developed, and are based on the assumption that your browser is Internet Explorer 6. Which is was a good starting point some years ago, because a lot of home computers still have IE6. However, the next step should be adding compatibility with some more modern browsers, including at least IE8 and obviously firefox.If the online transaction engine accepts firefox, Linux can be used.
Nevertheless, the last time I tried this, a very precise plugin was necessary ; and the engine pointed to a Crosoft Windows binary file, which was not able to update my Linux Firefox.
So, I also agree, for most of online transactions, Windows XP is necessary. Could be in a Virtual machine running in a Linux host, but should definitively be a Windows Internet Explorer.

just like yordan stated, most payment gateway are optimized for IE and some won't even render on firefox without using IE Tab. using linux to pay online on this kind of payment websites needs WINE which open security holes.

i haven't seen many people talking about this error; are you sure it's widespread? Or maybe it's just the dvd you're using which is at fault.

this error is also widespread and it was not posted way too much since if you start to install as upgrade from your windows desktop, magically windows 7 can see your DVD drive. the newer series of motherboards and cheaper price of USB drives that can boot also eliminated much ranting. it is an installer driver loading problem and the cause of it was windows 7 shadow sectors technology that alienates its own installer.

this is not as bad as windows vista installer where a blue screen error is pretty common and using alternative methods to install / boot only worsen the problem. i don't know pretty well if windows 7 shadow sectors conflicts with the built in light-scribe features but most of the people i know that have a light-scribe enabled DVD burner/reader have this problem when installing directly from DVD (booting from DVD).

i installed mine by ripping the DVD into an ISO and decompressing this ISO on the hard drive and booting from DVD room with windows 7 boot software (customized DVD boot) which only loads the shell prompt.

I'm looking for all kinds of recent links to visual software enhance for XP that can make your experience more like Windows 7. Let me know if you have any. I post a list of what I'm using later on. Thanks in advance.levimage :)