xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

How To Record Gameplay Video Using Hdmi Capable Laptop?

I have an XFX 8600 GT graphics card and Dell Studio 1415 Laptop which supports HDMI. What cable do I need to use to direct the output of my desktop to the laptop so that I can record gameplay videos without sacrificing game performance? Also, I am not sure if my graphics card supports HD output. How do I determine it?

XFX 8600 GT graphics card doesn't support HDMI. You can check your product description or this link to be sure.

What cable do I need to use?

If HDMI was supported you would only need the HDMI cable. HDMI consists of both audio and video, so there are no separate cables for audio and video separately.

And even if you had HDMI on your laptop, you can't record that way. Because HDMI's on laptops are only for output. So you are basically talking about connecting the HDMI output of your CPU to the HDMI output of your laptop which is not possible.

But why do you want to record on your laptop when you can do it in your desktop PC itself. There is a popular software known as FRAPS which can record your game play.

If you still want to play and record on two machines, you can use a TV tuner to take in the output of your HDMI graphics card output and record on your laptop.

[2 mins]

Oops! I just checked now, there are no external (/internal) TV tuners supporting HDMI inputs. May be you should upgrade your PC so that you can play games as well record it without any game performance issues.

Edited by Len (see edit history)

If you meant external screenwise, only one computer and its cpus/gpus do the processings for all screens. It seems laptops don't have input of this kind.

Xbox 360?How To Record Gameplay Video Using Hdmi Capable Laptop?I'm looking for a capture card that can record in HDMI, and one that can capture Xbox 360 gameplay. I have a capture card already, but it only captures in standard AVI. Just the red, yellow, and white. So I'm sacrificing a lot of quality that can make my recording a lot more dull and not as clear as recording in HDMI. 
But I can't find anything that's like that. Any help? Something like a Dazzle, or a Pinnacle Movie Box but with an HDMI slot? If you can find one or answer this, then much thanks is given.

Recording GameplayHow To Record Gameplay Video Using Hdmi Capable Laptop?

As '(G)Ron' said something like a dazzle but that supports the HDMI feature of the xbox 360 would be good, but is there such a thing? Right now I've been looking into getting a dazzle to record videos, but I use an HDMI cable, and if Dazzle cannot support that, what can?

-reply by 360 Player

Recording Gameplay: Any quality but keep playing in HDMIHow To Record Gameplay Video Using Hdmi Capable Laptop?Just a quick message, I've scowered the internet but can't seem to find an appropriate response to what I need.Basically, I'm playing my 360 through HDMI into my TV and I want to record it. I'm not massively fussed about the quality I record in so long as it's, you know, viewable, but I do want to keep playing through HDMI in my TV. As far as I can see there's no adapter that lets you have component and HDMI outputs in the 360 at the same time and the only way I can see this possible is if I bought a HDMI splitter, and then some form of HDMI cap card for the laptop.That solution would be horrendously expensive though, considering I'm not even that bothered about the quality.Any suggestions? Anyone's ideas would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys.