xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PCat

Ghosted The Wrong Harddrive

I have a 80gb main hard drive partitioned in 2 (to use 2 different OS) and a 30gb drive that I just accidently ghosted (restored) the image from one of the main drive partitions (a little over 2gb) to. Any suggestions how I may attempt to recover what I can from that 30gb drive (NTFS, XP)?

The chance of recovery of your 30GB data partition is quite slim, because most of the stuff would have been overwritten when the ghost image was restored onto it. You may want to try undelete software or maybe the Seagate File Recovery software (http://www.seagate.com/services-software/recover/). However, it is highly unlikeley the undeleting software will work, because they rely of data not being overwritten after deletion, because when you delete a file in Windows, the data block is designated empty, but the actual is still there until it is overwritten.