xisto Community

I am using xp for long time and try vista but vista not recomended because vista not good and when I am using w7, I think w7 better good than vista.

i love windows 7 its good fast i enjoy but because i do beta testing 64bit is the working verson 32 is a little glitichie lolyou will find out finger print readers dont work yet most softwhere will work on windows 7

I think its too early to have an overall opinion about Windows 7. Once it comes out of the Microsoft Labs as a stable release, may be then we can know if it can truly keep up the expectations. About playing games, I had a big time making games run on vista on my friends computer. I hope its not the same with Windows 7. User access control made vista a sort of black box. Every little changes need the admin authentication. Although it can be disabled, but theres still so much of security traps everywhere.On the hardware front, Vista already made enough hype about the high end hardware requirements. Windows 7 has pretty much the same requirements, which would help in easy transition. I have heard that Windows 8 would be a complete recoding of Windows 7 from scrap. But it would take long time to come out and till then Windows 7 would have had its happy stay in the market as an OS.

I think this version of windows is good enough.Most of forum reported that it use less memory than vista plusrun faster with the same configuration in hardwares.But though first release of windows xp is good enough.Those service pack (2 / 3) released after it made it even run faster and stable.So, why not just wait until ms release the first service pack and try and test itbefore switching to it a whole.

If you would have to upgrade to anything than I would probably recommend using Windows 7. Most people who have upgraded to it are very satisified. I personally use Windows Vista, though, and am extremely happy with it. But, most people complain that Vista has way too many bugs and isn't as secure as 7. So again, if you need to upgrade to something, I would recommend Windows 7. Hope that helps ;)

Why not just get a hard disk with enough free space ( at least 20GB )and install windows 7 on it and as the secondary boot drive on your computer.

Then you can try it out before fully switch out to it.

Or you can just go on Microsoft's websites and view videos, screenshots, ect of what Windows 7 looks like and then compare it to what you currently have. That way, you do not need to go get a separate hard disk just so you can try it out... unless of course you already have one :)

Windows Vista was the worst operating system that i have ever used. Within one week i downgraded to Windows XP because it was so annoying.Thank god Windows 7 solved all the problems :) Never regret...

Windows Vista was the worst operating system that i have ever used. Within one week i downgraded to Windows XP because it was so annoying.
Thank god Windows 7 solved all the problems :) Never regret...

Not to hijack, but I think I may actually give Vista a spin once my XP installation dies.

Back on topic, I honestly think Windows 7 is a good operating system. I didn't use it nearly enough, but within the beta release, I thought it was great.

I am using Windows 7 for almost a year now, so I can say it is much better than Vista. It is faster ant feels better, Vista was more resource hungry OS and buggy especially without the service packs.Before windows 7 I used Vista for quite a while, it was something between XP and Win7, as Win7 fixed most of the stuff of what Vista should have been.

All the Windows users who feel that their system is performing better when running XP rather than Vista or 7, may need to upgrade their systems before really judging these two operating systems. Actually Vista and 7 run fine on high-end machines. Vista had problems other than hogging system resources so it failed to get a popular image, but 7 is different. If you have a decent system configuration, then Windows 7 can run quite smoothly and it does not give any of the other technical problems that we saw in Vista.However, a large portion of the people do not upgrade their systems because they are either too busy, or not interested in spending money on an upgrade. It is mostly such people who complain that the new operating systems from Microsoft are not working properly! So in order to get a true public opinion about Vista or 7, first the public needs to upgrade, which is not going to happen any sooner. Until then we are still going to have topics like this one, comparing XP to 7! Each OS is special; it's just that 7 needs much higher configuration to show its true potential.

Each OS is special; it's just that 7 needs much higher configuration to show its true potential.

You're probably right. However, I would be curious seing what happens if, on a "decent" system configuration smoothly running seven, what happens if we downgrade to XP? Would it not run faster, because needing less resource so being very performant on a fast system?The only real answer would be, on a given high-end system, running calibrated tests (for instance opening a huge powerpoint document or convering a big wav file) on both operating sysgtems in the same hardware.

Hello,XP SP 2 is the best. It doesn't require DVD to install this OS. You can install this OS from 700 MB CD. The best benefit of this OS is the faster OS than VISTA. VISTA best features is the GUI interface. Windows 7 follows the SP 2 criteria in performance. I like to operate on Windows 7 because of the Taskbar icons. This OS is also faster in operation and easy to operate but Some additional features I don't understand in Windows 7. But yes it supports the every software which is supported by XP SP2.