xisto Community
yordan

Bluescreen On Netio.sys during Vista boot

Since a couple of days, randomly, I have a Bluescreen on NETIO.SYS when booting my brand new Vista system.And of course, the automatic repair does not work.Just trying several times and at the end it boots, but I would like to know what happens. The famous bad sectors discussed on the other topic ?And how to recover from that ? Copy netio.sys somewhere else ?

With a quick Google search, this seems to be a problem with network-related drivers. Try updating with new drivers for your network card / inbuilt chip.Previously, I had a similiar Bluescreen of Death (BSOD) because of a faulty and problematic Realtek network driver. Updating it with the newest version of the driver downloaded from the Realtek website worked and I have not have a BSOD ever since. Do be careful of updating Realtek network using Windows Update, since it once tried to update my network drivers to the older problematic driver version.

Problem self-solved. I have seen a pop-up window saying something like "We detected that you had a problem at boot, can we help you to solve it ?". Of course I clicked "Yes", and I had a second prompt asking my mail address, and I received a mail with the link to a hotfix. I installed the fix, and now everything is perfect. So, in this particular case, I must say "Congrats Microsoft, you did a very professional job".

Hm, great. M$ got congrats from yordan because they fixed the problem they've created....

Glad to know that i bought XP and not Vi$ta :o

Problem self-solved. I have seen a pop-up window saying something like "We detected that you had a problem at boot, can we help you to solve it ?". Of course I clicked "Yes", and I had a second prompt asking my mail address, and I received a mail with the link to a hotfix. I installed the fix, and now everything is perfect. So, in this particular case, I must say "Congrats Microsoft, you did a very professional job".