xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Facebook Referendum

Today on 12:00PM EST, Facebook is allowing their users to vote on how the governing documents will sound like. The choices are either to go for the proposed revised documents or keep the old documents to govern how Facebook is going to govern the site.

On February 26, Facebook announced plans to make site governance more transparent and democratic. Since that time, users and experts around the world have been providing comments on the new documents Facebook proposed to govern the site and replace the existing Terms of Service รข the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and Facebook Principles. Facebook has read the comments on these documents and has revised the documents based on this feedback. Now, please vote to let Facebook know which documents you think should govern the site.

I took the liberty to read all the documents and summarized it a bit for people who don't quite understand the documents and to see if you qualify for the vote:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So cast your vote and get your voices heard!

Cheers,
xboxrulz

Although I don't use Facebook, I did read a lot about the user uproar around the Internet in teh blogosphere when Facebook tried to introduce the new Terms of Service, after it changed to TOS to give itself permanent rights to user content. Unfortunately in the present time, legal documents have become a part of everyday activities as companies seek to control what they believe is rightfully theirs.

e-democracy in all it's glory! the increasing ubiquity and interconnectedness of multimedia devices means that every can get their voice heard and conduct public discourse. (e.g err THIS FORUM!! :o).just look how many TV shows let you "vote" on who you want to win. Big Brother season 10 has just started in the UK and is often cited as the first to fully utilise phone voting. I think the internet is a very useful tool for the achievement of democracy. But of course there are problems with it, such as anonymity and proving age/identity especially where voting is concerned.Very interesting topic, thanks for that!