xisto Community
astdesy

How Many Of You Could Remeber The First Mmo You Played?

In my memory Fairyland online was my first fun mmo game... It was VERY VERY popular 8 years ago and it still is. It was the most epic mmorpg I played in my childhood. And its still my favorite now after many more years of mmorpg playing.

What is your favor mmo game in your childhood and post up the link?
Mine: http://fairyland.lagernet.com/

The first MMORPG I have ever played was Graal Online, you wouldn't believe how much money I used to continue my service with that game. ^^, it was affordable as compared to WoW etc, much cheaper but still. The game though was really fun especially on the gold servers as you could see the graphics difference between them and the private ones. The private servers such as Unholy Nation was top notch too, it had the gameplay of Nintendo's Zelda but you get the cool feature of changing your sprites appearance. I see the site is still up so im assuming graalonline still has players :o!

The First MMO I ever played was Maple story I believe if my memory is right. I played it when it was just starting out and didn't have so many millions of accounts on it.It was a lot funner not having to fight for kills and having stuff stolen.Now that I have grown I dont play it anymore because its a lot harder to play for people who dont feel like spending money on cash shop items that go away after a while.

My first MMO has to be Legend of the Red Dragon, which is actually the first mmo ever created and back then was called a Door Game. This was back in the days where if you wanted to connect to a BBS (Bulletin Board System) you had to literally dial-up the site. There are still a few sites today that run LORD over telnet and the game is still being developed, but for the most part it's popularity has gone down dramatically. Although I'm surprised it's even still played anymore considering it was released in 1989

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Red_Dragon

Now that's proper old skool gaming at its best!

I remember the first MMO I have ever played. It was Maplestory. I started around Open Beta-ish four years ago. I still remember when there was only Maple Island and Victoria Island. That was so long ago. I stalked Tiger and Suuushi during the times where they were ranked first and second. I would loot and they would tell me to go away. There are probably like 5-10 times more maps than there were back then.I remember when everyone hacked from version .20 all the way to version .53 including me here and then. It was pretty fun. There were hackers everywhere in every single map. Now, there are no hackers anywhere.When NX Cash came out, I was obsessed with buying it. I would get a paypal account and just to "get paid to do survey" websites like TreasureTrooper and stock up on NX. I wasted so much time back then on this stuff. Two years later, I heard about private servers and i got pretty mad because I had wasted so much money on NX when I could get it for free.I do not think that I could go back to Maplestory because I have outgrown it. The game is all about grinding and it gets extremely boring after a while. It is also a social game so if you like to chat with other people, you may want to play the game. I also think that the game is way to childish now. There are beggars everywhere and it gets annoying.Here and then I will download it to see how everything is changing but then I just delete it gain a few days later. I still remember the memories of those three and a half years. I downloaded the mp3 files onto my mp3 so I could still listen to the songs. I actually still keep in touch with only two people I have met on Maplestory. They are actually pretty cool people.Here is the link to maplestory: Actually, there are many links. There is a global version, Chinese, Vietnamese, European, Japanese, etc. but the main version that people play is found here: maplestory.nexon.net

The first MMO that i ever played was Runescape because it was suggest to me when i was 13 i went on it enjoyed a became a member for a month. Now i just see it as a childish game epsically since i have completed all the free player quests and those enterprising merdes won't even bother to make anymore free player quests.i used to player runescape alot but well i m 17 now and it just too much of a boring game for me so i stopped playing it and havent been back on in a few years. i do still check every so often to see if there is anymore free player quests so i can complete them and keep my arguement going but there never is. Thats why bankers are *word censored here* but thats the thing about companies like jagex they ignore the normal players and are only interested in the ones who line their pockets i mean free players aren't even allowed on the forum which means that they can not post their complaints at all. yet another big business tactic i believe that even though runescape is still going strong now soon it is defiantly going to be erased from existance.

i used to player runescape alot but well i m 17 now and it just too much of a boring game for me so i stopped playing it and havent been back on in a few years.

One of my friends is 24 and he still plays runescape lol the lack of free decent mmorpg's online is the reason why I am currently building my own, hence why I'm looking to get hosting with the admins of this fine site. I'll be going for the basic package to start with while the game is still in development and then once it is finished I will be upgrading the hosting package as my user base grows.

thats what me and my mates are eventually going to do as well, but it will eventually have a free edition (limited to a certain area of the map). then there will the paid edition and we are planning to offer 1 months free trial membership to let people experience the game and we will be making it so if you stop being a meber you can still use members only equipment (apart from if the person used the free trail membership).

Could you believe it ? I even don't know what is a Mmo game.

MMO=massive multiplayer online...

Thanks for the info. And "massive" means how many players, average session?

wow that's a really really large post! I think the mods will get a doubt whether it is all your original content or has been picked up from somewhere so I hope it is original content, or you're going to end up with a lot of negative mycents! It's not always wise to have such a big post.coming back to the topic at hand, the first mmo i played was an mmorg and its called Tibia. I think it is a really old game and was started way before World of Warcraft came and took the online gaming industry by storm. Unlike World of Warcraft, Tibia doesn't feature a 3D environment. It is an old-fashioned 2D side scrolling game which is very basic and yet addictive at some places. That explains why it is still existing and is popular in some countries.one thing which is clear from playing this game is that it has a lot of players from europe and south american countries. the players always keep asking everyone else are you from portugal or from netherlands, etc. sometimes i had trouble finding anyone around me who could speak english! there are so many non-english speaking players that it takes off the fun from the game a little bit. its supposed to be a multiplayer game so unless we team up and play with other players it will get boring very soon.it took me three days to level up to the required level (i think it was 8 or 10) to reach the "mainland". after reaching there i noticed so many players that i was first confused what to do and where to go. this is where tibia fails the most - its confusing for new players. finding a proper team also proved tough for me because of the language problem and the few english speakers seemed too snobby. i tried playing alone for a while but it soon got boring. after a while i just got bored of the whole thing and quit!tibia is a good place to start for someone who hasn't played mmorps till now and are wondering whether or not to play World of Warcraft like 10 million players do every month! by playing tibia you can get an idea about how such games work and how repetitive it can get. since its free there's no loss involved except loss of time.so head over to tibia if you're looking to kill some time but don't blame me if you get bored too soon! :) it was my first mmorpg and it wasnt too good, wasnt too bad.