xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andreip

The New Ipod Shuffle The newest Apple news.

Posted Image

Apple never stops surprising me by it's remarcable products. Now they've released the new Ipod Shuffle. I'm really thinking about aquiring one :mellow: .

Small size, 1.8" tall x 0.3" thin to be exact.

To create the world’s smallest music player, we moved the controls from iPod shuffle to the earbud cord. This allowed us to make the new iPod shuffle dramatically smaller, but not just for dramatically smaller’s sake. It’s also easier to use, with the controls located where you can access them quickly.

Easy access controls.

The controls of the new iPod shuffle are located on the right earbud cord. With command central now strategically placed in this more convenient location, you can navigate your music — and activate the VoiceOver feature — without taking your eyes off your run, your ride, or whatever you’re doing.

Your music library. To go.

There was a time when limited storage meant you had to leave a lot of your songs on the sync-room floor. But now that iPod shuffle has 4GB of storage, you have plenty of room to store hours and hours of music — up to 1,000 songs.* With room for multiple playlists, too.

Introducing VoiceOver.

Musically speaking, the new iPod shuffle is brilliant, thanks to an exciting new feature called VoiceOver. Say you’re listening to a song and want to know the title or the artist. With the press of a button, VoiceOver tells you as the music dips down. It even announces the names of your playlists. And when your battery needs charging, VoiceOver tells you that, too.

Multiple playlists.

You’ve probably made multiple playlists in iTunes. One for your commute. One for the gym. One for just chilling out. With the new iPod shuffle, you can sync your playlists and always find the perfect mix for your activity or mood. VoiceOver tells you the name of each playlist, so it’s easy to switch between them and find the one you want without looking.

Shuffle. Straight. Stop.

The shuffle switch has three positions. Flip it to the left, and your music shuffles for a “whatever happens, happens” flow. Flip it to the middle, and your songs play in order. Or flip to the right to turn it off.

What do you things about this guys. I'm also waiting for this July because rumors says that there will be released the next generation of Iphones :P .

Edited by andreip (see edit history)

The only problem with the shuffle, is the lack of control over a play list, it is just that, play of shuffle, and it can be very frustrating.a nano on the other hand, ,may cost a little more but gives you much more control, as well as this if there is a software issue, the nano ismuch much easier to fix, a shuffle you pretty much have to throw away.

all in all, the ipod shuffle is a nice way to spend a little money on a nice music player. but if you want a real high tech player, you should buy the ipos touch. It hgas speakers, touch screen, free games, internet capable, and many more things that the ipod shuffle do not have. sure its great that you can "shake"it and it changes songs, but seriously, is it that exciting?

The only problem with the shuffle, is the lack of control over a play list, it is just that, play of shuffle, and it can be very frustrating.

This is true... But that's the market, there has got to be something for everyone. I find my second generation iPod Shuffle to be a great mp3 player, because I am not picky when it comes to music. I only transfer those songs that I wish to listen, or fill it with music randomly if I want to explore my library, and that's it. Every now and then I do press "next" but most of the time I keep the shuffle option on without touching anything else.

And now, with the new generation and the introduction of multiple playlists, Apple will surely gain more customers. Many will still only be using just one playlist (e.g. me - if I even buy the new one), and the rest will be happy because of the new option :o

Personally, I would prefer an Appe iPod with a screen, even small would be fine. Although it is highly minimalistic and small device, I would happy for one slightly bigger as long it fits in my pocket and one with a screen, since removing the screen means functions like seeing the song that is playing, browsing through playlists and albums, games, clock functions etc.. My personal preference is for a feature-rich device rather than one with minimal functions since I am sort-of a power user rather than one that simply listens to music.

Well it's nice, it has interesting design. If this was a microsoft product everyone would be dissing it... but because its an Apple its called inovation! Im a big time Apple user, but i am not into that fans frame of mind that has to believe everything the company produces is first class. In the case, this MP3 sucks and isn't it clear to Apple that if other people have to develop features that are standard on any MP3 player, and people buy it, its obvious theres a need, so why not include it in the first place.

Edited by 100janovski (see edit history)

Well with every new iPod come a flock of people willing to buy it. Apple's marketing strategy is great, and the logo is easy to recognize. I'm just waiting to see what the next iPod Touch will be like. Hopefully Apple listened to the consumers and will add a camera and (already have) add more space. Though I would love to see a 100GB+ iPod Touch, I hope it isn't as thick as those ugly iPod Photos.