xisto Community
khalilov

Wamp From Usb

I installed wamp on my usb and when i execute it from there the picture that is similar to a speedometer apears for less than a second and disappears. There is no problem with the computer since when i run it from C:/wamp it works normally. Is it possible to run wamp from a usb portable device or is that not possible?

I installed wamp on my usb and when i execute it from there the picture that is similar to a speedometer apears for less than a second and disappears. There is no problem with the computer since when i run it from C:/wamp it works normally. Is it possible to run wamp from a usb portable device or is that not possible?

Instead of wamp, may I suggest you to use the portable version of Xampp ? You find it here : http://portableapps.com/apps/development/xampp

It's made for USB stick. You don't have to install it, simply uncompress it in a folder which can be anywhere, including your USB stick. Of course, be careful not to use the 80 port with something else, or configure 8080 instead. Read the *.txt (the German one for sports training or the English one for efficiency), but you have almost nothing to do except start the engines or stop them. And if you happen not to like it, simply remove the folder, that's all!

I use it for my own tests and it really rocks!

Regards

Yordan

Sometime ago i found and use another webserver that you can use on a USB stick or even on your camera's flash drive, it is called The Uniform Server.

The Uniform Server is a free product that you can use on the go because no installation is required to use it, and also it is an Open Source Project.

The Uniform Server is a WAMP package that allows to run a web server on Windows 95 or Windows 98 or Windows ME or Windows NT or Windows 2000 or Windows XP with the TCP/IP protocol installed correctly. You can use The Uniform Server as a production/live server or as a test server for your applications. There are also a miniServer Line of it that are smaller versions of the Uniform Server to make a more portable and mobile server environment on the GO, are fully secure and use the architecture of The Uniform Server for portability purposes.

Some of the products included in The Uniform Server Packages are:

Apache Httpd Server.

GoPear.

MySQL.

PHP Hypertext Proccessor.

phpMyAdmin.

phpMyBackupPro.

ActiveState ActivePerl.

Also this web server has some additional plugins available that you can download and use, including:

AWStats, to view your server's statistics.

Quick 'n Easy FTP Server, an easy to use FTP server.

PHP 4, a PHP downgrader that downgrades your PHP to version 4.X.X.

UniTray, run and control the server from your tray icon.

Resin 3, a Java Servlet for running JSP pages and serving java online.

SlimFTPd, another FTP server.

Tomcat 5, another Java Servlet for running JSP pages and serving java online.

Error Pages, some additional shtml pages along with a .htaccess to run the error pages for Apache.

I think that this is another option that deserves a try.

BTW, The Uniform Server works very fine when i run and test it, but the only problem i had with it was related with the port 80, so if you use this port first disable the program or whatever it is that is using it.

Best regards,