xisto Community
yordan

Need To Record From Line-in [solved]

While my mother was singing, my sister recorded this on a standard audio cassette (the small thing with two reels and a tape sliding in front of a magnetic head).Now she wants me to share this with my cousins, which means putting it on my PC and further put it on my website.How can I do this ?I guess I need a piece of cable between the audio device and my PC, linking the audio device "speaker out" to my pc's "line-in".Once I do that, how can I tell Crosoft Windows "please put the music from the line-in jack and put it in a mp3 file" ? Is there something embedded inside Windows ? Or is there a (preferably free) software in charge of doing this ?

I wanted to do something like that a lot of years ago, couldn't figure it out, as I didn't need the quality to be very good, I made quite a funny thing:

I played the cassette on my sound system and recorded the sound to my computer through microphone with de-noise, which is quite funny.. though it worked quite nice. I was very young at that time.

I think theoretically, all you need is Audacity application, which is open source and a cable from the cassette sound system line out to computer line in. As I know Audacity can act as a sound recorder, or you could use any other sound recorder you know.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

(the small thing with two reels and a tape sliding in front of a magnetic head)

Priceless :mellow:

I played the cassette on my sound system and recorded the sound to my computer through microphone with de-noise, which is quite funny.. though it worked quite nice. I was very young at that time.

The best solution, if you ask me, is this. All cassette players have a headphones jack, and all computers have a microphone jack (those that don't have a sound card really, really need to upgrade). Just buy one 3.5mm - 3.5mm jack which will connect these two, and you record just as if there was a microphone plugged into your machine.

For this, I think you can even use Sound Recorder that comes with Windows. It creates a *.wav file, but there is a plethora of *.wav to *.mp3 converters online...

How do I get my computer to record through the mic and the line in input at the same time?Need To Record From Line-in [solved]

Basically I have a  vista computer with "realtek audio" (?) and want to record with both a microphone and from another computer (line in) it only lets me record through either the mic or the line in cable separately. I want to do them both at the same time. Any solutions?

-question by Oobles

Attempting to record (digitalize) from my stereo as I did with my XP machine- where I chose "line in" after running a line from the stereo into the microphone jack. But this Windows 7 machine (Toshiba) apparently has no line in option, and the microphone settings I've tried get pretty distorted.

Is there a "line in" option hidden somewhere?

-question by Paul

problemNeed To Record From Line-in [solved]Attempting to record (digitalize) from my stereo as I did with my XP machine- where I chose "line in" after running a line from the stereo into the microphone jack. But this Windows 7 machine (Toshiba) apparently has no line in option, and the microphone settings I've tried get pretty distorted.-reply by vivek

There are devices like USB microphones or usb to microphone in adapters, for the laptops there are the pc audio cards that slide in the laptop or USB audio card dongles with the required inputs. You might have to install software or check the microphone gain. They very from vendor to vendor when it comes to specs. I seen laptops which run karaoke systems, with external amps which have standard mic and wireless mic inputs.