xisto Community
gopi_anurag1205

Help Regarding Creating User Profile

Hello guys i want to create a user profile for the user that appears similar to the user profile of this site.With which tools i can design that and what are the technologies that are necessary to create this sort of user profiles and which is the best tool & technology to create them

PHP and MYSQL will work fine. That is how this Forum is created.But, before you do all that, consider that there are many Content Management Systems and Blogger style softwares available out there. Have a look at Social network softwares, too. Google is your friend. There is no sense re-designing the wheel here.

Thanks for u r reply dude.Actually we are working on our mini project in the college on college management system,our concept is whenever the department members click the profile the details of the users and the other things related to the student should be displayed

When you say that you are working your project with a college management system do you mean that you are using Moodle? If i'm wrong please give us more information about the tool you are using.

Moodle is a very popular free Open Source Course Management System used not only by educators also it is used by anyone who needs to manage and promote learning. You can use this free tool to create online learning sites for your students, and can be used for example by small schools with hundreds of students or by big institutions with thousands of students. With Moodle you can manage all the information related to your Teachers, Students, Courses or Administrators and comes with modules like Assignments, Lessons or Quizzes. Aditionally you can install lots of other modules and plugins like Forums, Wikis, Databases, Blogs, Chats, Work shops, etc. for your learning website.

Moodle is a free web application that can be installed on any computer that can run PHP, and can support an SQL type database like MySQL or Oracle. Moodle can be run on Windows, Mac and many flavors of linux.

A Course Management System (CMS) is also know as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).

BTW, I agree with jlhaslip.

Best regards,