xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Lying: The Best Way To Switch Windows Users To Linux?

This is really hilarious, of course if it would be shown to some people who knows the difference between Linux and Windows, he might have laughed.I totally agree that for the past years, Linux or lets say KDE tried to look like Windows to make Windows users use it easier when switching OSes and Windows seems to take good features from Linux and Mac ans also is getting similar to Linux, I talked about this some time ago somewhere, in some way I hate it. :mellow:

Haha, nice one :mellow: . It just shows you how less people know about computers, even tough they are using them daily. I must admit KDE4 looks very nice, but I've never been a fan of over-fancy-dancy looking user interfaces, I prefer the small, lightweight windows 2k look and feel (I even use the Gnome Redmond user interface atm :P ).

Even though KDE4 looks nice for you it's not yet ready to be used normally.. Well maybe some people are using it, but I personally tried installing and using it with OpenSUSE, but moved back after several days to KDE 3.5 which is stable and better in my opinion. I hate some stuff there, if KDE will continue with such chosen path, Gnome might become my preferred desktop environment.Even though I'm not such a Linux user as I used to be years ago, now it's studies, job and most of the stuff usually is on Windows, because of time lack I can't enjoy Linux to much :mellow:

Shame.. people should work harder on getting x11 onto windows and the managers like that. It's giving Windows a good first impression by lying :mellow: Got x11 on mac, gonna look for kde/xfce for it now :P Tough to beat Aqua.

Just like Darasen, i too wonder if the truth was told off camera. It would have been nice to see their reaction after being told it's not Windows 7 but KDE4. KDE4 has been coming a long way since its initial release, although i've been using it mostly since KDE4.1—where it actually became something usable for a development environment. Now i use it as my main desktop environment, especially since Nvidia fixed a lot of problems with their Linux drivers, making KDE4 more bearable with users with Nvidia cards.