xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
goatroper57

Need Info. On Wireless Routers And The Pci Card router/pci router cards

hello all a newbie here i need to know iam wanting to go satellite internet with wildblue for 2 desktop pc's in different buildings as i live in no where u.s.a ok one building is my house and the other is my workshop/old mobile home the house and the workshop have metal outer walls on both of them and about 200 ft. apart ied like to go wireless ok heres what i am lookin to find out i was lookin on ebay and found the parts ill need but with the metal walls ill have to use outdoor antennas connected to the router and pci card so can any one tell me what wireless router box and card i can get that would work with this antenna i found on ebay or if you know of one similar to this antenna for about the same price here is the antenna i found its a *wireless 5DBI/DB range extender antenna pci card /router* the ebay Item number is : 370148558079now i only what to know what router box and pci card i can use with an external antenna iam not tryin to be an @zz but ive got a lot of replys on other forms on whats best to use but that dont work for me cuz the antennas are not changable on the ones thay said to use i all ready know i can go hard wired to but i want to go wireless if possible as were i live the ground is like diggin conceret and i dont want to dig 200 ft. give or take a few ft. to bury the wire so if ya can help my email addy is goatroper57@yahoo.com thanks all

AS far as the distance is concerned 200 ft is not that far and should not be much of a concern. as far as the material of the building is concerned if you have a window in the shop that faces the house put the antenna there and you should be good. Here is simple test to see if you are going to have a problem. Take a cordless phone from the house to where in the shop you want the antenna. If you can use the phone from that location then you should not have a problem with a wireless connection. Check to see if your phone says 2.4 Ghz on it. Most currrent cordless phones are and typically say so on them. This is the same frequency that wireless G and N operate on.