xisto Community
khalilov

5 Databases, Free?

if i remember correctly when i ordered my pack it had 1 database in it, now it has five, when did this hapen and is there an extra cost?also i haven't been working on my site for like 1 month or so so iam thinking of stopping my service for now till i can continue. Iam thinking of downloading everything and stoping my package. How do i downlaod everytying?(databases/files/scripts...)

For the files and scripts, use a ftp client, Filezilla is a very convenient one.For databases, you should use PhpMyadmin and make a backup of each database, and take each database backup on your own PC.Put all the bakups on a DVD. And then copy them on your hard disk, and install easyPHP on your PC in order to have an Apache and Mysql server. And train yourself creating databases, importing data from your database backups, and restart the application from your application scripts. You will probably have to touch some configuration files, which is usual when switching to another server.

The Logic Plan at $1.95 per month is now the most basic plan available at Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto). I myself will probably cancel the service soon since I will be getting the same package again but with a new domain name.Databases can be exported using phpMyAdmin (accessable through the cPanel web interface), while files and scripts can be downloaded using FTP.

The bad thing about downloading your files with an FTP client from your FTP account is that when you download them o Windows OS and upload them on some other host or the same host, you change the user of the file, you usually alter the permissions too, thats why sometimes some thing might stop working because you don't have permissions to write to a file, to upload a file through your CMS and things like that..If it's possible, even though I never did it, it's best practice to backup everything through some Control Panel which has a backup feature which later could be uploaded with the right permissions and user rights, but I guess there's also some bad things about it which can happen.. Best way if you have your own CMS or you're using some kind of CMS is to have a backup feature if the Control Panel feature sucks. :mellow:Another good choice is to have a lot of your data in a DB which can be easily backup-ed, but in general it's much better to upload images as filenames into the server and not into the DB, permissions can always be a headache, especially because PHP and FTP users are different !!!!To add, Yes as I remember the Logic plan only offered 1 MySQL DB, that was the reason I didn't really like it and changed to Pro, if it offers 5 Databases now, when it's really GOOD.

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)