xisto Community
Quatrux

Domain Transfering some questions..

For some years now I'm using a domain, which I got from hostbidder which offers "free" domains, all you need is just to post on their forum, it's quite easy to post ~100 posts in a year to get those ~1000 points and renew my domain, I did that for can't remember how much years, I guess 2-3 and this is the third time I want to renew, but seems that on hostbidder the admin is quite busy and isn't paying much attention to his service anymore, he didn't post anything for over a month and my domain will expire after less than a month, I guess I still have over 20 days left for my domain to expire.. As I know when my domain will expire I'll need to pay not the regular 10$ for a year, but over 40-70$ which I really don't want to..The question is, is it possible to transfer the domain here at Xisto and use the xisto panel to manage it? As I understand I'll need to transfer it to Xisto, but how? I have the ability to manage the domain in hbdomains panel, what options would I need to search to make it transfer here? how much time would I need to wait for the transfer? is there any downtime? What should I do in the xisto panel?Another question is, from my balance I'll need to pay 10$ to make the domain transfer and another 10$ to renew my domain for another year, right? I accept this, because I really don't want it to expire.. and it will be much easier to just post here, because don't have so much time to post on several forums and xisto corporation seems much more reliable and I guess with time it will be much easier to just pay with real money.. :mellow:Will I'll be able to manage my domain with Xisto panel? change nameservers and so on? :P

The question is, is it possible to transfer the domain here at Xisto and use the xisto panel to manage it? As I understand I'll need to transfer it to Xisto, but how? I have the ability to manage the domain in hbdomains panel, what options would I need to search to make it transfer here? how much time would I need to wait for the transfer? is there any downtime? What should I do in the xisto panel?

when you buy a domain at Xisto, things are rather simple.On your Xisto control pannel, you give the name of the NameServers for your domain, which is something like ns2.computinghost.com
And on your Xisto hosting account you say that the domain is parked at your Xisto account.
I guess that, in case of domain transfer, it works the same way, as soon as your domain name appears as being yours in your xisto account, you give the name of your namesarvers in it's control pannel.
The only problem will be the time for the transfer.

Hostbidder is quite risky. I don't know how you dealt with it. But daily 30 points and getting 900 points for domain is pain. In comparison to that on Xisto you can post and earn mycent which will take you to 9-11$(i mycents) which is to be redeemed by Xisto - Support billing. You can buy hosting and domain very fast. And to answer your question if it's possible to transfer domain here on xisto. I think you need to ask this on hostbidder support first. I mean they own your domain or you own it ? You need to go through their TOS. I'm suggesting this cause we need to know that being free service what they write in TOS. They own domain or member owns it. If they own domain then it will be hard to get it transferred here.

I think I own it as they paid for it for me. I moved the domain quite a long time ago here at xisto by using a support ticket, everything was fast and easy. ;]As I know hostbidder is dead? as no new domains are accepted there or are renewed.. Well, at least it was 6 months ago like that for half year.It's much better to get a domain and hosting here at Xisto or Xisto by collecting myCents.. :D

Just wanted to ask you that still hostbidders service is available ?. And how easy it is to get domain from them ?. I mean how many posts needs to make earn ?. I heard 900 points needs for domain,is it still going on?. I mean owner of that site still gives free-domain ? Or he's gone offline ?.

It seems online, but the admin Fergal doesn't seem to be active, I just saw on the forum that something was done on September, but I suggest you to not bother with that forum, I mean hostbidder.. you can be active on Xisto and Xisto and collect myCents here and get a domain for a ~10$ a year.. Approximately 10$ is about 50-100 quality (non spam) posts, or 40 very good posts :DHere you can renew and etc. normally where on hostbidder it's a little different and every year he needs to renew himself and after a year he can be away for a month and your domain won't get renewed and you'll loose it.

Yes, i'm sticking here for domain and hosting. But was curious with their web templates package. So asked if they really give those things or just few lucky one's had those offers. I didn't like that 15$ package of his offering. He asks for 2000points. and people spend more 100$ worth content by posting replies. So this is not fair. Though my interest there is only for those templates. 250 points earning is not so hard. Let's see.

Hi,
Thanks for your PM. I'm happy to help him in any way I can to transfer the domain.

Unfortunately HostBidder has not received the attention it needs. A large part of the problem is that members were not prepared to keep their end of the deal. It was a condition of the offer that they maintain a link back to HostBidder, I checked 30 domains one day and only 1 of them had the link back.

Fergal

There you go.

Things are simpler if both hosting and domain name are handled by Xisto. However, you can buy them separately.Simply, if your hosting is somewhere else, you will have first to buy your domain name at Xisto, second to change your current hosting settings in order to set the DNS values to Xisto DNS server names.Simply remember that you are a standard customer buying paid hosting and paid domain names from Xisto, simply you can feel free to pay using your forum MyCents instead of using your standard banking facilities.

i am thinking of moving my domain.name to Xisto host, it seems alot easier and much simpler to know my hosting and domain name are under one service provideri have yet to look at the cost of transfer and domain extensions