xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Anyone Know Any Cd+g Software?

I know someone who has over 200 CD+Gs and they want to create mix CD+Gs to use.I tried Googling CD+G tools but the software that came up wasn't good. They either had me to purchase songs from their collection of songs or failed to rip any tracks properly.I need tools that rips, burns and plays CD+Gs on the computer. It doesn't have to freeware, just as long as I know it works.Any suggestions?

He plays the CD+Gs on a small karaoke machine apparently. But he would like to play them on the computer and create mix CDs for personal use. He is running Windows XP.

Have a look at Karafun : http://www.karafun.com/karaokeplayer/

Turn your PC into an interactive karaoke machine with the KaraFun free karaoke software for Windows. More than just a karaoke player, KaraFun offers a complete solution for playing and creating karaoke at home.
Fun and exciting, it plays nearly every karaoke file: KFN, KAR, CDG, KOK, LRC, AVI, MPEG... The user-friendly KaraFun editor enables you to create, quickly and easily, your own karaoke songs from Audio and MIDI music files : MP3, OGG, KAR, MID...

Based on a powerful and revolutionary 3D animation engine for animated lyrics and background, your karaoke party in full screen has every chance of being a success!

Also have a look at Wikipedia, ask CD+G, it will explain the CD+G format and the way to obtain a bin file for creating a CDG computer disk.

I also need a program to rip .cdg files from CD+Gs (files are on CD as .cda files). We have tried Power CD+G Creator but it doesn't work.The Karafun program somehow doesn't display the text when playing the CDs from the CD drive, but it does display the text when playing a custom made CDG file.