xisto Community
chandley

Please Help With A Logo Idea

Hi my name is Chad and I am a new member here. I seen some others getting wonderful help here with logo concepts. Decided Id join the community. I am seeking a logo for a ("business"/"organization")What I am creating is called "Local Music United"Simply that. It's going to be a place where all local musicans of all flavors can unite as one under one site. Offering resources and services to them, as well as a place for them to communicate with other musicans and fans. So basically thats what will be under the name (local music united)Any help would GREATLY be appreciated. I am completely open to any ideasThanks for your time..

Some questions could help us understand what you want exactly us to do for you.Seems that the site you want to create is a business site, which will help you earn money.You need a designer in order to imagine a logo (with music and unit), and an artist who will physically do the job.First question : do you have some money to be given to the guy who will do this job ?

I do not have much money - no. Can work something out, but its a business if you want to call it that - its more or less uniting musicans. To build a local music scene. So to me its more or less sounds like an organization.If no help is wanted Ill go elsewhere, no problem. Just out of the haystack I found this needle and was approaching it with open arms - seeking help. I need ideas, or something. Right now I do not have much of anything besides the name - Local Music United.Im having some troubles with even a concept for it..So I seeked more professional people for this.Thanks

So, what you really want is : a graphic designer (or a standard painter) has to design a logo for you.Let's see if somebody around here has a lot of time and wants to do this for free.

Listen, do you get a great feeling of being a jerk. I didn't say free or anything like that. I asked for an IDEA! You know creativeness. Not DOING it. An idea...help brainstorm..you know the basics. I appreicate your constructive feedback, but you have it all wrong.

I don't think talking about a moderator in that way is a good way to start on Xisto :mellow:As for ideas, what exactly do you want to do:/, simply asking for ideas is too general... erm... how about suffering or hunger lol.Whats gona be the message of that musical group, just music and rocking out or sending a message to the public about peace for example. Can you be more specific =)

Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

Funny thing, Chandley. That is the same type of thing I am designing right now (same website concept and everything . . . . weird :( ). I just came up with a logo. This is what I did:

Open GIMP (open source version of photoshop. Linkage)

Find a general outline map of your area, or create one.

Find a musical symbol that you like (music notes, a band silhouette, etc) or create one.

Now use GIMP to combine the two, and add "Local Music United" text to it.

*Make sure you use multiple layers

*Make sure anything not needed in your pics is erased and the background set to transparent (you can only export to a .gif or a .png)

Here is a test for what I did. This is not the final product, just an example.

Posted Image

If you need any help with what I advised, go ahead and ask. I am a n00b at GIMP, bit I will help where I can.

Edited by xxpigxx (see edit history)

Here is a test for what I did. This is not the final product, just an example.

Very nice job. Your text seems so extremely simplifying, and the logo you made is simply fantastic, simple but efficient, smartly sustaining the idea behind the mentioned URL.Sincere congrats.

Have you ever seen that horseshoe shaped arm with a hand of one color at one end, and another color at the other holding hands?I would go with something like that, and add some music symbol(s) in the middle with writing. Add a drop shadow to the arm/hands graphic. And use some lighting or starburst the writing in the center via layer mask.

maybe your above logo with more music feeling to it... maybe some musical notes/icons floating about... or it would be awesome if you create a flash logo if possible ;) how about an idea for your Title/HeadingUnited in MusicMusic in UnityMusic Together

For some odd reason, this board isn't letting me edit my posts now. Hope no one takes this as spamming but

I wanted to add a shadowed version as well.

Posted Image

maybe your above logo with more music feeling to it... maybe some musical notes/icons floating about... or it would be awesome if you create a flash logo if possible ;)
how about an idea for your Title/Heading

United in Music
Music in Unity
Music Together

I dunno, I feel like you can't read anything when you have icons thrown all over. I like
to keep it clean, stylish, and not too gaudy. To each his own, I say =)
I did try it with a few different types of musical notes, but notes are stick-like.
Just like the m and u, etc in the music lettering, but it was too stick-cluttered.

Edit: Yay my edit button came back!
Edited by xamire (see edit history)

For some odd reason, this board isn't letting me edit my posts now. Hope no one takes this as spamming but

I wanted to add a shadowed version as well.

Posted Image

i think you can only edit your post in certain a certain time frame from post creation time stamp... i usually see the edit option after i clicked add reply when page refreshed with added post

then when i leave the page and come back to it a few minutes later the edit option isn't there anymore... is that how it should be??