xisto Community
yordan

Need To Change My Astahost And Xisto Mail Address [solved]

My mail provider just informed me that he decided stopping his non-profitable activities.And mail providing is one of these.So, my mail address will stop working very soon (with apologizes for the free mail service, and last month back for paid mail service.Unfortunately, my mail address is the one I gave for my Xisto account and for my Xisto account.What is the procedure for using my new email address for xisto and for Xisto ?RegardsYordan

Can't you simply change the email like people normally do :/

Not sure it's enough.1) I used my Xisto account cpanel to change my email, entering my new email address.
Seems not to work : the forum mails till arrive to the old address.
2) The username for the Xisto account is the mail address. If you change the mail address, do you use the new email address as username for the same account, or do you use the old email address for the old account which contact mail will be the new email address ?

With the new Credits System in place, changing the e-mail address is a somewhat complex procedure. Since your Xisto, Xisto and Xisto accounts all need to share the same e-mail address, you have to send a support ticket (at Xisto - Support) asking them to manually change your address. Otherwise, there would (apparently) be some problems...

I think with you can easily change the email setting in the Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) Support Panel, by clicking on 'My Details' on the left menu and changing the 'email' field in the form. On the Xisto forum itself, you can change your email by going to 'My Controls' at the top of the forum page and clicking 'Change Email Address' at the bottom of the left menu.However, you may want to talk to an administrator or lodge a support ticket, instead of changing it yourself, as complications may arise from the email change. These complications occur because the accounts are somehow linked together and any changes may cause problems to occur, like loss of myCENTs etc.

I think with you can easily change the email setting in the Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) Support Panel, by clicking on 'My Details' on the left menu and changing the 'email' field in the form. On the Xisto forum itself, you can change your email by going to 'My Controls' at the top of the forum page and clicking 'Change Email Address' at the bottom of the left menu.
However, you may want to talk to an administrator or lodge a support ticket, instead of changing it yourself, as complications may arise from the email change. These complications occur because the accounts are somehow linked together and any changes may cause problems to occur, like loss of myCENTs etc.

You are right, that's exactly what I did. I opened a ticket at Xisto, talked with and administrator, and performed the change.
Thanks for your help, folks.
Yordan