xisto Community
yordan

Uploadingit.com seems to be unreliable

I used to trust uploadingit.com for holding some useful files, like forum sigs, so that I can use the same ones on several forums.
And yesterday I just noticed that all my files had disappeared. All the folders were there, but each of them was empty.
However there was no timestamp on holding duration on their TOS, they claim

Keep all your images & files backed up from all your computers so you know they are safe an secure. And have the ability to access them when ever you need too.

And, yes, I put my files there knowing they are safe and secure, and when I needed them they were absent !Now I know, next time the images I want to share will be stored in my Xisto account !

It's a shame, that they've done something, a clean up or maybe it was just a glitch of some kind.. I also usually never trust those kind of services 100% thats why I usually try to keep my signatures, avatars in my images subdomain, but sometimes I even just upload them into a forum if it's possible. :mellow:

That is a shame :mellow: i used to use uploadingit.com but I recently switched to photobucket for most of my forum sigs and photos that i dont wan't on my subdomain and nothing's happened to them yet *fingers crossed*

Maybe Flickr.com would be a better option for sharing images. Flickr has now become the most used Photo Sharing site around, although it has some limits on their free accounts. These limits include a 100MB bandwidth limit and displaying of only the most recent 200 images on your page on Flickr (however, other images are still accessible).After having a look at the Uploadlingit.com forums (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), it seems like many users are having their images deleted from their accounts. The official line that seems to have been adopted by the staff of the site is that images are deleted in the account becomes inactive after 30 days of not logging in, or if they violate the terms of use.I think Photobucket would also be a good image hosting site, since I have used it in the past to upload some thumbnail images.