xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jess704

Problem With Windows Media Player

Hi, I recently downloaded an NVIDIA DVD decoder on my laptop, but when I try to watch a DVD, the picture appears pixelated unless I fast-forward or rewind. Is it a problem with the resolution or with the software I bought? I'm a complete idiot when it comes to these things. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Also try downloading different codecs, I suggest going to FileHippo and searching for K-Lite Codec Pack or google it. Your codecs may be invalid, out of date or otherwise incompatible.

She just bought Nvidia dvd codecs ... it would be idiot to let her use free codes now.

Yeah. Its most likely to be a driver issue because it appears that your dvd is absolutely fine so there is no reason for that to be mucked up. I agree with most of the people here that you dhould try a different set of codecs and if that works then try and get a refund for all of the other codecs. Also there are plenty of free drivers available so there really is no need to purchase one. If that doesnt work just go and google it.

windows 7 windows media player problem Problem With Windows Media PlayerI have updated my laptop from vista to windows 7 and everitime I try to play a video DVD or song it says "windows media player has encountered a problem and needs to close" I have downloaded other programs like Quicktime ,Divx and other DVD mp3 mp4 players to by pass the media player problem but they all say the same, any ideas in how to fix this problem please let me know...And no reinstalling it, wont work...-question by argenis

WIndows Media PlayerProblem With Windows Media Player

I updated from Vista to Windows 7  and all of a sudden now I can do NOTHNG without windows media player - and I canot delete the program, open ay other programs because it will ONLY open that program - cannot install any other programs, cannot restore to a previous date - anything I try - this con founded program opens and wont go away, won't minimize, can't close- NOTHING!

Someone help please!

-reply by Laura

I am trying to import a video into Windows Movie maker, but it won't let me, It saysThe file C:Documents and SettingsaMy DocumentsGraboidCompleted5165372_-_Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince_(2009)_(2_CD)nedivx-hp6-cd1.Avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.I've tried closing and re-opening the program but it didn't work. Suggestions please. :)

-question by Katie-Anna Jackson

no windows media hereProblem With Windows Media Player

if I were all of you I would delete window media player ...I will not use window media player because of all the issues you guys are talking about...I took adobe flash player and VLC player...Downloaded both and now can download anything off the web anywhere and any place...It doesnt matter what kind of movie or if its youtube...It all come thru...Thats what you have to do...Most videos are now coming out as flash drives and you have to have a flash player in order to download it ...Otherwise its not gonna work...Windows media player will not use flv files or other certain files...So get rid of it and go this way...Also the thing with the VLC player ...Has a much louder volume to it and sometimes will blow you away...It will download and run anything from no hd to hd and and from mps3 to wmvs...Its a good thing...Thats how I'm doing it...Other than I don't know what else to tell you except when downloading this stuff pay strict attention to how to do it...And you will get thru it like I did...