xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Integrating Paypal With Website

I accept payments for software sales on my site maxotek.net. The payments are made through PayPal. After receiving the Payment notification through E-Mail, I mail the registration code back to the buyer. The buyer uses this registration code to activate the software at his/her machine. While making the payment, the buyer includes two extra fields - Product Name & Hardware ID. The registration code is a hash based on these two fields.

Currently, I am working on version 3 of maxotek.net which will include support for user accounts. The users will be able to use the PHPBB forum, view their purchases, etc using this account. The problem I am having right now is that I need to automate the process of mailing back the user his/her registration code, so that they don't have to wait when I am not online. For this, what I need to do is be able to confirm with paypal, the validity and details (Product, Hardware ID & E-Mail) of the payment. Following this, the registration code will be mailed back. The flow of the current purchase process is as follows:-

Product Purchase Page at Maxotek > PayPal Login > PayPal Confirm > Back to Maxotek.

The Back to Maxotek page should do the job of validating the transaction and mailing and/or displaying the registration code to the buyer. I also don't want anybody to just access this page directly and get the registration code by faking the form fields.

I checked the PayPal NVP API documentation and frankly it seemed like hocus-focus to me. Has anybody ever done something like this before?

Make sure you have a paypal accountlogin to your accountand go to merchant toolsand select donations from payment standardschoose a currency and countrygo to security and select create button nowcopy links for emailsyou get a html codecopy the html code and put it onto your site

What Surfermac said is right Hannah, You have to copy the widget code from Paypal and paste it into your site. This is a one time process. Copy and paste once. Your done. All the donations made from your site will be added to your paypal account directly. It's a hazzle free process.

I donIntegrating Paypal With Website

I don't think you guys are understanding him, he wanted to integrate his website with the PayPal API to basically automate the hash creation and verify payment before doing that in which case, you would either have to use the PayPal NVP or SOAP api... I'm looking into that as well so I can't explain it just yet...I don't know how old this is, so if it's old sorry for bringing it up :P--z3r0

-reply by Bryse