xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Animator

Cents, Earnings And Credits Confusing one with another

I think MyEarnings is the total amount that has been converted to dollars. myCENTs is the amount of cents you have that have yet to be converted to a new dollar (not too relevant unless you make one post a week - these get converted every 100 cents and you should be watching your dollar amounts)Since hosting now is paid in advanced (usually a month), you just need to make sure that your total earnings minus any payments (or the value it shows on the billing website) is enough for next months payments. 'Credits' are outdated now (even though it's the 'Credit System v3')

When you post, you get myCents and only when you get 100 cents it gets converted to your Earnings as dollars as it was said above, but the main reason behind this is that usually the cents updates every 4 or 24 hours and in that time period forum moderators can clean up your posts, so it also stops people who just came to spam, they don't get MyEarnings so fast..So it's the same thing, just that earnings is lets say dollars and cents are cents which grows to earnings when you have more of them.. And yeah, every month you need to have myEarnings to pay for your hosting plan.

So, I can buy a domain name with MyEarnings too ? :P Because there is some post about the new credit system which says I need 999 MyCents to buy a new domain name. Would be nice, I have no clue how I managed to get $42 MyEarnings :rolleyes:

I don't know, but if I remember right, for 10$ you can get a domain name here? I remember in some posts reading something like this, but I'm not sure if it's true anymore, so I guess 999 myCENTs is ~10$ or 9.99$ :rolleyes:So I guess you need to pay 10$ every year or every month for a top level domain here? of myEarnings? ;]

$9.99 for a .com domain it is:
https://support.xisto.com/domainchecker.php

.com 1 $9.99 USD $9.99 USD $9.99 USD.net 1 $9.99 USD $9.99 USD $9.99 USD
.org 1 $9.99 USD $9.99 USD $9.99 USD
.info 1 $10.99 USD $10.99 USD $10.99 USD
.biz 1 $11.99 USD $11.99 USD $11.99 USD
.us 1 $9.99 USD $9.99 USD $9.99 USD
.name 1 $10.99 USD $10.99 USD $10.99 USD
.co.in 1 $9.99 USD $9.99 USD $9.99 USD
.in 1 $18.99 USD $18.99 USD $18.99 USD
.mobi 1 $19.99 USD $19.99 USD $19.99 USD
.asia 1 $18.99 USD $18.99 USD $18.99 USD
.bz 1 $24.99 USD $24.99 USD $24.99 USD
.cc 1 $24.99 USD $24.99 USD $24.99 USD
.eu 1 $9.99 USD $9.99 USD $9.99 USD
.mn 1 $59.99 USD $59.99 USD $59.99 USD
.ws 1 $11.99 USD $11.99 USD $11.99 USD
.tv 1 $32.99 USD $32.99 USD $32.99 USD

You have $42 because you've been here for a long time and made many posts. When you registered, it counted all your previously made posts. Yes you can buy a domain, your earnings are as good as money deposited into the billing website from Paypal or something (unless you're cheating the system and found out :rolleyes:).

Yes, I can confirm that the old guys got a lot more myEarnings, same for me, when I registered with the new system I got something like 38$ I don't even remember, but with those I needed to order a logic plan which cost ~6$ and later pay for a month for it, also another ~6$ and as I see the current number of myEarnings growing, those 38$ given for the old guys, I doubt that that sum is for all the previous posts, because for a 1000 normal posts it should be much more, so I guess there was some kind of algorithm, besides when changing system most of guys had credits to stay for at least 60 days, so thats is for ~2 months, some less some more, but that also counts. :rolleyes:

Okay, thanks for the answers...

So I take it MyEarnings is the important one for working out how long before my hosted site runs out of credit... like, if I have $20 MyEarnings, then my site is "safe" for 20 days?

No Lancer, every month you need to pay for your hosting account (even though thats done automatically), for the plan you have ordered in the xisto client panel.. So it is usually 1.99$ - 5.95$So if you have $20 of myEarnings and lets say you pay every month 5.95$ so you can be offline for 3 months and some days.. until your Earnings will be near $0... myEarnings are the same as real money for "Paid" hosting, just that you earn them by posting here on Xisto or Xisto or on both of the forums.. You can do anything you like with those Earnings as it is real money in Xisto corporation or at least in their hosting client panel.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Okay then... thanks for the info. As of now the bit I don't understand is how myEarnings adds up to a seemingly imprecise "1.99$ - 5.95$". I would like to derive a formula where I can put the current myEarnings into it and know how much longer my account can stay up.

Err, I'm lost here.. have you ever been here? https://support.xisto.com/clientarea.php

If you registered there (You have myCents so I guess you did) and you should have ordered a Hosting Plan (As I think you did? in the Order section) so in that Xisto panel go to My Products & Services.. You can see how much you have to pay every month if you have ordered something..

"1.99$ - 5.95$" means that:

Logic Plan - $1.95 / month
Logic PRO - $5.95 / month

also there are other even more expensive Hosting plans to choose from.. :rolleyes:

So, If you have $20 presently and you are using Logic Plan of $1.95 per month. You can enjoy hosting for 20 USD (divide by) 1.95 USD = 10.25 Months. So, for 10.25 (or say 10) months, you can enjoy your hosting and the money(myEARNINGS) are going to be used while you are on vacation. After you return back, can start posting again to make more myCENTS and increase your myEARNING :rolleyes:

Err, I'm lost here.. have you ever been here? https://support.xisto.com/clientarea.php

You're not the only one lost. I know I signed up with Xisto, well in advance after one of BuffaloHelp's posts. Yes, I have myCents and myEarnings, and my site runs just fine. My original hosting plan (from old system) was the one I had to earn the most credits to ask for. However, on the "Products and Services" page, it shows a table with "no records found".

Posted Image

...maybe I missed the "order" section and for some reason my old site is up anyway?