xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Gmail Tasks

Last week the Gmail Labs engineers add a new feature called Tasks. This useful feature allows to every Gmail user to keep track of what you need to do and what you've already done right inside Gmail and work in the same way as Chats works, so you can use it while you are reading your mail or searching for example.

Gmail Tasks like other features offered by the Gmail team is very fast, is very simple to use and has a clean interface. Additionaly, Gmail Tasks includes some other characteristics but i consider that the next feature is the best:

Gmail Tasks allows you to manage all your email workflow better by letting you to convert any of them into a task.

BTW, take in mind that this feature like all the features offered by the Gmail Labs Team are experimental and may change or disappear at any time, so use it at your own risk.

For more information visit the Offical Gmail Blog.

Best regards,

I saw this the other day, looks quite nice. You can activate it by going Settings => Labs or clicking the Labs icon at the top. It looks like it could be fairly useful to me, so I like it :rolleyes:

I find this feature to be rather useless for me right now. Perhaps it might be useful later, but I usually do not prefer writing/typing out what I need to do. I already use Google Calendar to keep track of assignments, tests, etc that I need to prepare for/hand in at school, and all events like school sports and stuff are kept track of through Google Calendar.Maybe this will assist people in meeting deadlines and prioritizing their lives. Maybe not.

@yordan, what Nabb said is correct, tha's the way to activate and then use the Gmail Labs features. BTW, Gmail Labs is available only when you satisfied the following conditions:

Your browser is one of the following: Internet Explorer 7+, Google Chrome, Firefox 2+ or Safari 3+.

You are using the newer version of Gmail on any of the browsers listed.

@FirefoxRocks, to be honest i don't use Google Calendar too much because in the past i had a lot of problems with it, i use it only for THE BIG THINGS. Now, i start using the Gmail Tasks feature since the first day it is available, and for me it is a great feature added to Gmail because it helps me to relate my mails with my work in a very easy, quickly and simple way, this way i organize my day better. Of course, if you compare it with Outlook for example, Gmail Tasks is totally useless.

Best regards,