xisto Community

was looking for an iso for my vmware setup and ran across something called gOS Cloud, cant find a download for it but it seems like a good program, system boots into a lite linux with browser and a few applications and a link to boot into windows, not sure about how it switches back, wandering if its like windows 95, that had the optoin to boot into dos... if any one has tried it, or knows where to get an ISO let me know

Where did you run accross this OS named gOS Cloud ?Is it an OpenSource thing ? Logically it should not be something free, because if it's really able to boot a ream Microsoft Windows session, you have at least to pay the Crosoft Windows Licence or have a working Microsoft installation already present on your disk.Did you already try goggling about it, words like "gOS Cloud" + download + free ?

First search result in Yahoo! Search: http://www.thinkgos.com/

Switch to WindowsCloud can be installed with Windows or another operating system, such as Linux. Users may first power on to Cloud for Internet use, and then switch into Windows for full desktop use. With a single click or hotkey, the user can switch to Windows.

I don't think it's new. Some SF computers come with this type of OS. They are made to have a small footprint and to boot within a few seconds. It's actualy an operating system before you boot the operating system. So when you switch to windows or linux, the gOS session is ended and you 'resume' booting, nothing special.

Gonna test gOS 3 Gadgets in VirtualBox, see how it works :rolleyes: .
Edited by wutske (see edit history)

i have gOS 3 in vmware but cant get the vmware tools to work, but i like the look and feel of the desk top, i use a dual monitor setup and is so easy to jump back and forth just by moving my mouse, as for speed i havent noticed a difference between virtualized and native, i only have a 1.8 sempron with 1gig with a vista host and all works well