xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilov

Php Script Organizer

Tracking down errors caused by missing ; or {,} is annoying enough, badly organised scripts make it worse. I want a program which i can write my php scripts and they get automatically organised. Example i put an if statement i press enter and put { then everytime after that i press enter i don't go to a new line i go similary to where the { went. If that doesn't make sense i want a program that turns this:

if(condition1){if(condition2){statement1;statement2;}else{statement3;statement4;}}else{statement5;statement6;}
To something like:
if(condition1)   {if(condition2)	   {		  statement1;		  statement2;	   }	else	   {		  statement3;		  statement4;	   }   }else	 {	   statement5;	   statement6;	 }
It doesn't have to be automated or so, i just need something other than notepad and having to use space alot to organise

for free you can use Notepad2 or Notepad++, because simple Windows Notepad just sucks!Also you can get yourself Eclipse with PHP environment or even buy the best PHP IDE in my opinion PHP Designer 2008, it's not so expensive or you can get the older free version of PHP Designer if you do a search. :rolleyes:Also, why would you want to do that? You can always do that yourself, I mean the if statements thing..

Yeah, Notepad2 is really simple and does a lot, but it doesn't organize your code like you want automatically.. I saw some programs which do that, but I never used it, because usually when I code, I write tabs like that myself, even though some automatic things helps, like when I write a { symbol, I get a } symbol and my pointer being in the middle of those, which really helps when you get used to it, even though for the first times it was annoying, you write a ' " { [ < and get it closed, sometimes you don't need it though. :rolleyes: