xisto Community
laniczech

Promoting Your Site rules

What exactly are the rules pertaining to promoting a site hosted here, i see alot of links posted that promote other hosting services, software, ect..... I just want to promote my web site, and do it in a tasteful way without being consitered spam

There is a special forum or sub forum to show of your site and get some constructive criticism or something like that, usually lots of comments ;]

If you want to put it in your signature, then you should get a really cool banner to show off your website (of course let it pertain to your site). In the past, this has helped me attract users to my website. Hope this helps :rolleyes:

I have understood that you can promote your site in Xisto but with conditions, of course...Put your links and a banner in your signature. But you never put your links in the content of your topics because you can be marked Spam and get terminated your account and your MyCents.

As far as I know, putting links to our web pages is allowed as long as the link relates to the topic being discussed. That is, if I write an article on HTML/CSS, I can add the links to examples in the topic. Correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I know, putting links to our web pages is allowed as long as the link relates to the topic being discussed. That is, if I write an article on HTML/CSS, I can add the links to examples in the topic. Correct me if I am wrong.

Correct. If the link you post corresponds to the subject and is a pertinent answer to the asked question, it's welcome.If it's off-topic, it's consider as spam and removed.

you can be marked Spam and get terminated your account and your MyCents.

That's right. Please remember that removed topics cost a lot, from the myCENTs point of view, so avoid taking that risk.

Ok, I am just considering to promote my website by the signature on the bottom. But after reading all the discussion here discourage me. Obviously, I am unable to afford the risk of losing cents yet. For the time being MyCENTs is too small to be available for my wasting. My site seems not really fit in those contents. Maybe that is exactly the reason why few people here promoting their web sites like other forums.

HEY ! WHAT IS LEFT IN THESE CENTS----------->

I want to tell you about great site I found. They pay me to read e-mail,
visit web sites and much more.

It's free to join and easy to sign up! CLICK THIS
LINK TO VISIT: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/