xisto Community
Sellaman

How Do I Get Rid Of Warn: (0%) ----- ? Is this the right place for this question?

I don't believe you can get rid of this notification -- at least, not without a system-wide modification.

This warning is simply a way for you to see if/when a moderator or an administrator gives you a warning. It's an easy and immediately-visible way for you know when you've done something that went against the forum rules. Having a 0% warning means that you're a good, upstanding member of the forum and that you have no warnings whatsoever.

This warning is either a built-in feature in IP.Board forums, or it's an added feature (such as a plugin or a custom code modification). If I remember correctly, it's actually built-in. The point is, it'd be unreasonable for any single member to request an individual removal of his/her warnings, since it's either not possible to do it on a case-by-case basis or, if it was possible, then it'd put unnecessary load on the administrator.

Um. I know it isn't my place to ask, but I'm rather curious... why would you want to remove such a helpful hint? :rolleyes:

P.S.: Aside from the moderators and administrators, it seems that a member is the only one able to see his/her own warnings. For example, I can't see yours whether on your posts or on your profile.

Well you could always spam a few post or double post something. Then you could have a warning above 0%. :rolleyes: Kidding aside it is a feature of the board so I am guessing that there isn't a way to remove it.

Thanks guys. It didn't occur to me that I was the only one that can see my warnings. It seems to take up so much space that I thought it may be better placed somewhere else , like in our own personal profile page.

On some boars I saw that the warning system can be seen by all the members of the forum and I don't really remember, but I think everyone could warn, except for guests? Well it depends on the module of the warning system and how it's set, different settings, different systems :rolleyes:I think I saw it on vBulletin :P

How do I get rid of Warn: (0%) ----- under my avatar? Is this the right place for this question? :rolleyes:
Thanks.

As a standard user, I cannot see your warning level.
And, yes, why not, this could be the right place for this topic, your warning level is part of your signature, as it's the way the mods see your behaviour.

On some boars I saw that the warning system can be seen by all the members of the forum and I don't really remember, but I think everyone could warn, except for guests?

Here standard users cannot see the warning level of other standard users.The warning system is a tool for mods, telling spammers to be stop doing stupid things.
Everyone cannot warn a precise user. However, if you see a spamming post, every user can press the "! REPORT" button for reporting a bas user or a bad post.
By the way, the real problem for some people around here is : how to get the warning level back to 0% :rolleyes: