xisto Community
TehJohn

What Do You Guys Think Of Windows 7? The WoW Starts NoW

The new task bar looks innovative, but isn't a 'wow' for me :rolleyes: . According some sources it isn't faster as Vista, not lighter either ... can't imagine whyI'd buy it (I would never have bougt Vista either :P , got some free versions from school and it came with my laptop ... ^^ ).

Windows coming version is looking cool as compare to previous version, but my statement in this regard is just waisting the time to learn new nonsense thinks which is not useful to every guys. if something more advance then i try it sure.

Well I guess Vista was something like a pre release of Windows 7, due to all those previous releases failed, longhorn, so I guess it will be a better version of Vista and not something really new, was wasn't finished on Vista will be finished on Windows 7 or Vienna or whatever it will be called..I got Vista with my laptop too wustke, but that doesn't mean you didn't pay for it :rolleyes: you paid for it I guess the cost of it was in all of the cost of the laptop, some part of it.. Thats why some people who want to get a cheaper laptop, has linux pre installed on it, it usually costs + 1$ or maybe even less.

For now, it looks like Vista and I don't quite like how the taskbar is. It only reminds me of the Apple's Dock, which is a little problematic and I do admit it as a Mac user that the Dock needs fixing. However, some of that problem has been alleviated by exposé. The problem for me is that you need to highlight the icon to see what program that the icon is for. That problem exists in the Apple Dock. It also adds problems with different windows. This problem magnifies for chat windows i think.Nonetheless, I hope Microsoft adds it as an option to allow the older way of displaying window titles on the taskbar.For now, Windows 7 is like Windows Vista.xboxrulz

I have got hold of the alpha for windows 7 and at the moment it is miles better than vista! It is so much quicker but the new task bar does take some getting used to. And xboxrulz the icons on the taskbar expand once the window is opened :rolleyes:.

I have got hold of the alpha for windows 7 and at the moment it is miles better than vista! It is so much quicker but the new task bar does take some getting used to. And xboxrulz the icons on the taskbar expand once the window is opened :rolleyes:.

i c i c, but it still doesn't cut it if the windows are opened. What happens if you're like me who minimizes a window whenever i don't need it and then, you're like "oh damn, which window is this again?" if you're not too familiar with that certain application? Sure, you can click or highlight it, but it will reduce efficiency and waste my time.

Microsoft needs to refine it.

xboxrulz

i c i c, but it still doesn't cut it if the windows are opened. What happens if you're like me who minimizes a window whenever i don't need it and then, you're like "oh damn, which window is this again?" if you're not too familiar with that certain application? Sure, you can click or highlight it, but it will reduce efficiency and waste my time.

The windows stay open even when they are minimised as long as the appllication is open so you can still see what it is it only goes back to the small tab like quick launch when its closed.

The windows stay open even when they are minimised as long as the appllication is open so you can still see what it is it only goes back to the small tab like quick launch when its closed.

I'm not talking about if the window stay open or not. I'm talking at the fact that the new Windows 7 taskbar no longer show the window title on the buttons. This is a problem for me which extends from Mac OS X.

xboxrulz

I'm not talking about if the window stay open or not. I'm talking at the fact that the new Windows 7 taskbar no longer show the window title on the buttons. This is a problem for me which extends from Mac OS X.
xboxrulz

I Seriously think I'll Upgrade To Windows 7 Though tbh, I Never got Vista as seriously.. 200 Dollars? No Way! Wasnt Windows 95 Like 40 When it Came Out?

I think it will be more or less, a fix for the problems that continue to exist with Vista, even after the release of its Service Pack. In that sense, Microsoft should allow the users who've purchased Windows Vista to upgrade to Windows 7 at a low price. I am also not in favor of naming it Windows 7 and not 6.1. I believe each major build has looked distinctively different from the previous ones (not sure about version 1 and 2, though).

I think it's not much different from windows Vista. The best thing I like in Windows7 is the multi-touch screen support.We have to wait to see how Windows7 is!