xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
_Hybridized

Starcraft 2 The Trilogy

The second game(s) in the Starcraft franchise is about to be released. Starcraft II, the sequel to the original Starcraft and its expansion Brood War, will once again center around the three races, Terrans, Zerg and Protoss [contrary to popular belief, there will be NO other races available for playing, although some special units will be available for use in campaign modes)It was originally planned to be one whole game you could just purchase, but decisions made have caused the game to be split into three seperate games: Terran: Wings of Liberty, Zerg: Heart of the Swarm, Protoss: Legacy of the Void and will be released for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS X (as usual, Blizzard will offer support to Mac Computers). The Terran section of the games will form the core files, while the other two games [Zerg and Protoss in that order] will serve as expansion packs, although there is enough content in there to form their own games and feel like an entire game themselves.Personally, I'm excited about the release of Starcraft II. I wonder which way the campaigns are going to head and what will finally happen to the creations Duran made and the Xel'Naga. However, for multiplayer, I'm kind of concerned which way Blizzard will be heading, as with so many significant changes to the original game, it will probably unbalance the game quite badly, as balance was one the best things about the original Starcraft and Brood War.

Well, I was a loyal fan of the original Starcraft (and Brood War), but I've really slowed down on gaming. I think this one may be worth a try, though, and it might be good enough to get me addicted again ;P.

Heheh. Ditto that Maxfelgar. I don't play as much as I did before, but I'm certainly looking forward to the release of this game (at the end of next year?). I think loads of people would buy it on the day of release simply because of the name. As for me, I'll be buying it anyway, even if it is worse than its predecessors.Of course, I'll be needing a new computer I think, since this one's getting ridiculously old.

You haven't? *is in shock* Nah just joking =].It's a real time strategy game, similar to how Command and Conquer or any of the Age of Empires games play out. Basically you start off with your main building and several workers and you have to earn resources and build an army to destroy your opponents.The game is created by Blizzard Entertainment, and it is set in the future (I can't really remember which years... 2500-ish?), revolving around three races: Terran [part of the human race], Zerg [insect-like infesting creatures], Protoss [what we might refer to as those "high technologically advanced and evolved aliens].You should try it out, it's good fun.

I played Starcraft when I was much younger and it really is one of the most enjoyable games I ever played, even though I've stopped on gaming to much, I think the second release of starcraft will be quite good, just browsed some websites, saw some screenshots and read a little. Graphics look really awesome, I wish I was much younger with a powerful computer I've got Today :rolleyes:

Haha yeah. It was soo fun back in the old days *sighs*. [i sound like an old fart]

They should update the official Starcraft 2 site though. Progress is hideously slow according to the official site, and I have to use unofficial sources [which I don't know whether or not to trust then] to see what some of the newer updates are like.