xisto Community
khalilov

Negative Mycents

Since this is an important post and that most likely other members will have this problem, I'm going to pin it since the myCents is more sensitive than the Credit System v2.
xboxrulz

Now iam famous XD

Just a quick question, does your myCENTs always go to negative after earning over 100 and before they are deposited into your account? I just made a few posts, which would have pushed me over the 100 mark, i then had a look at my myCENTs and I had -102ish. a few moments later, I'm back to ZERO. and in my billing page, my credit balance as gone down!
Which leads me to my next question, what is the transfer time from myCENTs to Credit Balance? Also, I have just noticed that myEarnings have just gone down too!

Sorry if these have been answered already, 11 pages on the new system thread is hard to go through!

This post has been edited by Jimmy89: Today, 10:42 AM

When you get >100 mycents, 100 are deducted. So it is impossible to get negatives when you are credited 1$ in your xisto acount. Hence the reason they went down is because posts made by you were deleted. Your myearnings decreased because you were at negative, i had 6$ and mycents were -65. So myearnings became 5.35$ or something. Negatives are deducted from your xisto acount otherwise i'd spamm 100$, get credit for them , mycents would be set to -100k but it wouldn't affect the 100$ i already gained.

Could someone also add current balance? cuz myearnings is the total amount of $ gained, itd be hard to keep deducting all the months of payment i paid =)

When you get >100 mycents, 100 are deducted. So it is impossible to get negatives when you are credited 1$ in your xisto acount. Hence the reason they went down is because posts made by you were deleted.

My posts weren't deleted (that was the first thing I checked). I am just wondering why all my credits went down.

My posts weren't deleted (that was the first thing I checked). I am just wondering why all my credits went down.

The danger is coming from the case where you answer a pure spamming post. If a mod deletes the whole posts, all the people having answered this post loose the cents corresponding to their contribution to the deleted post.If you see a spam or junk post appearing, don't answer, just click the "! REPORT" button.
By the way, I see that nowyour mycents came back to zero and your credits seem to have raised, so it's probably a time-delay between an order you made, and a mycent-to-dollar conversion timeframe.

Hope that explains it =), you probably replied to some posts which were deleted.

Hope that explains it =), you probably replied to some posts which were deleted.

If you look at the posts I have made in the last week or so, none of them have been deleted. Very strange :rolleyes:

If you look at the posts I have made in the last week or so, none of them have been deleted. Very strange :rolleyes:

Same for me, in someway I've lost ~8$ but I didn't notice that the Hosting Credits went down by -36 or something like that.. so I guess those posts could have been deleted, very old posts, I don't know.. but my posts count didn't drop, it's now about 1,077 posts for me and I remember it being that way this week and to loose 8$ I think my posts count would need to drop approximately by 20 posts or 10 if those were bigger posts.

Maybe deleting posts doesn't affect post count, perhaps also the credit earning formula has been modified to suite the new mycents system, maybe posts are worth less credits now.

True, deleting posts does not decrease the post count. IP.Board has such system that it does not count each member's posts every time their profile/post is displayed. Instead, each profile has a value in the database containing their post count. While it does get incremented by one every time the member posts, it is never decremented, because deleting a whole topic would put too much load on the server, especially if it has more let's say more that 100 posts.However, there is an option in the administrator panel that, when used, refreshes the post count for each number, but this is not really necessary...

True, deleting posts does not decrease the post count. IP.Board has such system that it does not count each member's posts every time their profile/post is displayed. Instead, each profile has a value in the database containing their post count. While it does get incremented by one every time the member posts, it is never decremented, because deleting a whole topic would put too much load on the server, especially if it has more let's say more that 100 posts.
However, there is an option in the administrator panel that, when used, refreshes the post count for each number, but this is not really necessary...

Methinks that there's a subtle difference between post count and credits/myCENTs. :rolleyes:

Any forum which could earn you posts to your post count also affects your credits and myCENTs (although how credits are still used is beyond me). Anyway, I think the important issue is still why a lot of people's credits suddenly went very negative, as after reading through this thread I still can't see an "official" (i.e. more than just speculation that could well be right) answer to it.

I think there is a bug with the MyCents or the moderators are just getting lazy. I don't remember answering any spam posts (not laity at least). I would also hope that if the moderators deleted my post they would give me a reason (perhaps send me a message or something). If it is an automatic script, wouldn't it be easy to set it up so it will also automatically send a personal message to the poster? I think someone should really program that in, it would be very handy or maybe they could make a place where you can see your income and loss of MyCents. Have it say something like:01/01/2009 - Lost 0.50 MyCents - Post less then 25 words long.I am not the only one that has lost lots of credits overnight though. I have seen moderators with negative 1,000+ credits. Another possibility (not likely) is that the code is glitched so when it updates your MyCents somewhere along the line of moving from post length to the web server an positive becomes a negative or something strange like that.Sparkx

Yeah, what's going on? In the beginning I've lost 8$ (myEarnings) and noone really answered the question why and for what reason? I even forgot about that, now I see that I have -15$, is the system going crazy or what? :SI think it's a little to much of my earnings to not worry about ;(I also see that some other members are on a lot NEGATIVE myCENTS !!!

I think I figured out the problem. It is definitely a glitch... Look at your profile. All the posts are gone? So before you had lets say 1500 MyCents then the server glitches, now it thinks it deleted all your posts (but they are still there, they just aren't connected to your username correctly anymore). So it decides to remove all the MyCents except for the ones you have earned since the glitch (which must have been about 2 days ago). As a result you have negative MyCents about equal to the number you had before - total + mycents since glitch or some similar equation. Perhaps we could get a few administrators to go in and fix the PHP, then have it re-set and recalculate everyone’s MyCents while everyone else just calms down for a while... That's my theory at least.Sparkx

I just read on Xisto forums that it's better to write a support ticket in the Xisto Client Panel that they would know about the losses of myCents, so I guess I'll write one if myEarnings will decrease from the Xisto panel.. :mellow:

I think I figured out the problem. It is definitely a glitch... Look at your profile. All the posts are gone

Maybe the posts in a display was a temporary problem. When I have a look at your profile, looking for posts, it's now 17 pages long, the first one "Posted on: Oct 12 2006, 09:33 PM"And I see that your myCENTs is positive again, so probably everything has been fixed.

Well, don't know about the posts, I think they are there since I've joined Xisto, I just don't know maybe it's because they are getting moved to the archive? and myCents doesn't understand that? Even though I don't know if Xisto topics are being moved to an archive automatically..Well, myEarnings got updated and I lost 15$, it now shows myEarnings without the 15$ I had before and some myCents, but the good thing is that it only shows it in the forum, but in Xisto Client Panel it show a normal Account Credit Balance as it has to be, so I just hope it won't get updated there? :|

is that it only shows it in the forum, but in Xisto Client Panel it show a normal Account Credit Balance as it has to be, so I just hope it won't get updated there? :|

Nice, this means that all the negative values have no real influence on the Credit Balance, which is the only thing important for the payment of the hosting options ordered.