xisto Community
khalilov

Negative Mycents

I had 8.47 cents, i made a post and waited some time for my cents to increase then i found myCENTs: NEGATIVE[-65.58], i also noticed that yordan had negative 1k+cents, now his are reset to zero. I am just wondering is this a bug or were some of my posts deleted? if some of my posts have been deleted or moved to junk i think there should be an automated messaging system that sends a message saying 'Your post id has been deleted by x for y reason'.:/

The danger is coming from the case where you answer a pure spamming post. If a mod deletes the whole posts, all the people having answered this post loose the cents corresponding to their contribution to the deleted post.If you see a spam or junk post appearing, don't answer, just click the "! REPORT" button.By the way, I see that nowyour mycents came back to zero and your credits seem to have raised, so it's probably a time-delay between an order you made, and a mycent-to-dollar conversion timeframe.

So iam guessing the Ouch post made by you in the moderator only forum is for the -1k you had:P?anyways myCENTs: ZERO, is that fixed till some mod changes it or something or will mycents increase normally when i post stuff? cuz i doubt ZERO is the same as 0.00$

Eeek, that's got to hurt. I was actually going to ask whether myCENTs were updated for edited posts as well, but I'd imagine that if they're changed for deleted posts then the old system of deducting credits for deleted/spam posts is still in place. I'd assume the same is true for editing posts...

Ah well, this should teach moderators to be a little less trigger happy with deleting threads, as well as for regular members and replying in said threads. The more people reply to a spam thread the worse it gets, so I'd imagine simply hitting "REPORT" is a better idea then commenting that the thread is pointless like good little forum members normally do. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oooh, nice, now I've got negative credits too. Isn't this fun? :P

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

So iam guessing the Ouch post made by you in the moderator only forum is for the -1k you had:P?anyways myCENTs: ZERO, is that fixed till some mod changes it or something or will mycents increase normally when i post stuff? cuz i doubt ZERO is the same as 0.00$

Nope, the "ouch" post concerns the too many spam posts I have to delete, some people seem not to have understood what a moderated forum is. They don't know that spamming is useless for their mycents, it only gives more work for the mods.

EDIT: Oooh, nice, now I've got negative credits too. Isn't this fun? :rolleyes:

The cents are zero but your credits are positive. That's the real important thing, because you will need your account to have $3 at the end of the month.

Hmm, so did most of the topics have a cleanup or something in Xisto forums? I had ~35$ and I don't really remember doing something, now it's 27.81$ or did the hosting prices change or something, where did the ~8$ disappear?

I lost 65 cents, yordan had negative 1.1k, thats 11$. Alot had zeros and negative, so iam assuming it was a major cleanup or big discussions started by spammers were deleted.

Yea, I also think that it was a major cleanup, I hate the new system, 8$ were enough for me for ~ month to be inactive, because of the cleanup I guess a lot of topics like "what is your favourite colour" has been deleted and because of that where I spent my time answering for the topic that my favourite colour is red I get negative points, time to search for a new hosting. Seems that the prices in the client area are the same though.

They had to do it otherwise the forums would be full of spammers, so i say don't leave Xisto =). If posting is being a pain, just purchase $ using real $, their prices and packages seem very fair and good. And you can always find something here to talk about and save yourself some $.

I lost 65 cents, yordan had negative 1.1k, thats 11$. Alot had zeros and negative, so iam assuming it was a major cleanup or big discussions started by spammers were deleted.

I guess it's a delay between the myEarnings increasing and MyCents decreasing, balanced by your monthly $3 disappearing. Also if you buy a domain name, the yearly payment will make almost $10 disappear from your myEarnings.

The cents are zero but your credits are positive. That's the real important thing, because you will need your account to have $3 at the end of the month.

You need to have $3 at the end of the month... Now it is starting to sound like my Credit Union. You have to have at least $25 at all times in order for your Savings to not kick in and keep your balance afloat! HAHA but at least in Xisto, I feel like keeping track of my site will not jeopardize my spending!

But it is good to keep your eye on your spending here as well. I just plan to keep my hosting credits in check and then try to raise my myCents as I can.

Just a quick question, does your myCENTs always go to negative after earning over 100 and before they are deposited into your account? I just made a few posts, which would have pushed me over the 100 mark, i then had a look at my myCENTs and I had -102ish. a few moments later, I'm back to ZERO. and in my billing page, my credit balance as gone down! Which leads me to my next question, what is the transfer time from myCENTs to Credit Balance? Also, I have just noticed that myEarnings have just gone down too!Sorry if these have been answered already, 11 pages on the new system thread is hard to go through!

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)