xisto Community
veerumits

System Is Crashed - Hardware Problem Precaution

Dear all, i am working on my IBM Thinkpad R52, for internet i am using airtel card, and windows XP2 with other software also, what i have problem when i dial for connect to internet, my screen is blank, i reboot the system and system is working fine, after some time again this problem is come my screen is blank. it may be work fine whole day or it may blank after sometime , i solve this again by restarting my laptop but my data each time lost, when without airtel card to internet system is working fine, no any type of error is came, but it is my need that i serf net so i resolve by reboot. but i want exact solution for this what i do, i was also watch my system to hardware engineer he says this system is fine and have no any problem, i say all to my problem he excuse sorry i cant solve i say there is no problem. use as it. but i think there is sure some problem that by my screen is gone to blank when i re forced to connect with net. i am also reinstalled the airtel software which it is used. also i reinstalled windows but problem is same. so please give the way what i exact happened with my system it never hang only blank screen is come. if any body want any log file i can give you but please solve this problem.thanks

looks like an energy saving or screen saver config problem.Did you try the classical things ?Remove the screen-saver first.And go to the energy settings, and set the screen powerdown to never.

Check the system log (right click This Computer > Manage and there go to the logs). Look for any recent errors that have something to do with your network card.Something worth considering is trying to regenerate the problem in linux (you could use a live cd for this). This way you can make sure the problem is not related to windows and/or windows drivers).

It could even be an Energy Saver Setting or Power Sleep/Standby/Shutoff mode in the BIOS. You should check the BIOS and see if there are any related setting you could check for. Another thing to try is see if there may be a browser update or some new drivers or firmware for you network card. I'm not sure if you are referring to a modem, a wireless card, or a nic. let us know to avoid our confusion and also explain how you get connected, who is the ISP, wifi or you Internet Carrier.