xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Uploading Error

After I uploaded a large number of files to my host, I cannot get back those files.The sizes of the files are correct, however, they became invalid file formats..All the files are affected, except html files...Java applets, flash, pictures, videos, sound, all become junk files..Can I know what's happening ?I uploaded via ftp and web...

umm,you'd better to check your serve and the uploading tool.thus,you try to use cutftp to upload files again.there will be normal than before with this tool.also,you can manage them by cutftp.it is very simple and convenient.

what you described looks like server problem,but it is impossible to happen usually.umm,restart you pc and check the ftp tool again,then connect your serve by retype your usename and password.the address of conection must be correct too.if error happen again,it must the problem of serve and you must get in touch with the Admin of the serve you are in.

It has to be the server problem...Hope the admins and mods see this thread...I've uploaded serveral times...Sometimes it display only some images...Sometimes it display pixelated images...Sometimes it display images halfway...and my java applet becomes "Invalid Bytecode"This is my first time uploading...And it gave my a very bad impression on Xisto..For first look at the cPanel, it looks professional and i know this is a good host..But comes to work at time, the problem comes...I am wondering if i might close this host...

i hardly to explain the server problem.but i upload frequently withnot any error.you'd better apply for another account with differet IP address.it will get better when uploading.however,you should tell Admin or moderator to help and the better way is to pm them.good luck!

After I uploaded a large number of files to my host, I cannot get back those files.

The sizes of the files are correct, however, they became invalid file formats..

All the files are affected, except html files...

Java applets, flash, pictures, videos, sound, all become junk files..

Can I know what's happening ?

I uploaded via ftp and web...

67416[/snapback]

Hmm, who is this host mentioned in your post? I don't think it's Xisto, because I tried uploading a picture (because it's one of the file types that gets messed up) via FTP (WS_FTP), and I was able to view the picture correctly - no pixelated image or anything. The file type didn't even change, too.

If your host is Xisto, then I think it has to be your computer.

Sometimes it display only some images...Sometimes it display pixelated images...
Sometimes it display images halfway...
and my java applet becomes "Invalid Bytecode"

Forgets to mention that sometime it works perfectly...

Another note is that it only affects when I upload tons of file together with mixtures of file formats.. They can be up to 50 files via MS-FTP..

Uploading 1 or 2 files will get the data back as expected...

Alien Ware is by far the best gaming computer on the market no buts about it. I don't care what people say.

65276[/snapback]

That's right, nothing cab top alienware