xisto Community
johndoe1983

Problem Setting Up Wireless Internet & Wireless Nintendo Wii Need some help installing/configuring Wireless

Hi all,I am having quite some troubling issues with my wireless setup (to be setup *more like it*).Current hardware:1. NETGEAR ProSafe 802.11g Wireless Access Point WG1022. Telkom Wireless Router / Switch3. Nintendo Wii (Wireless)4. IBM Thinkpad T42 (Wireless)5. Desktop PC With NICThe current setup *See attached picture* "Setup"So I have a 3G card working through PCMCIA on my T42 Thinkpad, which I use for internet connectivity.I want to share my internet connection throughout my house.. to my desktop PC + Nintendo Wii...I have tried setting it up myself, but i'm no expert whatsoever...Questions came up like, which device will be setup as DHCP... originally, my Telkom Router/Switch was handing out IP addresses..But then I couldn't share my 3G internet anymore because of the IP address change (when i share it, my laptop becomes 192.168.0.1).....Could anyone help me please, I've been struggling for Months with this :-( ;)

There is an alternate way doing that, by software means.First of all, verify that each of your devices are connected to the accesspoint, and that they can ping each other.(the thinkpad can ping the desktop for instance). Then, install a private proxy (like privoxy) on the thinkpad. Remember the privoxy port, probably 80 or 8080.While the thinkpad is connected to the internet, on the desktop configure the IE6 settings to use a proxy, whose IP address is your thinkpad address and the port being 80 or 8080 like privoxy settings.And that's all, everything works.

I have a Wii and it is connected to the internet but I didn't do anything to the router get it to be that way. I have a router two rooms away and the wii picks that up (all I had to do was set up the wii's wireless system). I didn't do anything special to the router. Before I had the wii I had the router for my laptop and did change anything since.Is the Wii not picking up the signal? Is the router even putting a signal out? Did you set up the Wii's wireless settings?

I have a Wii and it is connected to the internet but I didn't do anything to the router get it to be that way. I have a router two rooms away and the wii picks that up (all I had to do was set up the wii's wireless system). I didn't do anything special to the router. Before I had the wii I had the router for my laptop and did change anything since.Is the Wii not picking up the signal? Is the router even putting a signal out? Did you set up the Wii's wireless settings?

Your wii connects to the router which is connected to the internet.
johndoe1983's problem is different. His router is not connect to the internet, only the 3G+ adapter in his thinkpad is connected to the Internet.
So, his problem is simply : how the other computers in his house share his thinkpad's 3G internet connection ?
My solution is connecting his thinkpad with a cable to his home network. Then, all his home network computers will be able to share his thinkpad connection. And the simplest way is installing a private proxy, a free one (privoxy) or a commerical one (wingate is the best for that).

Wireless Signal good, but no connectivityProblem Setting Up Wireless Internet & Wireless Nintendo Wii

I have a Netgear Wireless G Router, and a Motorola SB5101 Cable modem. I recently moved my router and modem to a component closet in my condo, and started using the wireless router to connect to the web.My PC (Windows XP) tells me my wireless signal is very good, however I keep losing connection out onto the web. I powercycle my modem and router, and that fixes the issue, but I can't figure out why it keeps dropping internet connectivity. I don't have any sort of cordless home phone or anything else that I could think would interfere. I am running McAfee firewall on my PC, could the McAfee possibly cause it to intermittently drop connection like that? I also have a Wii connecting wireless to the router as well, but it was hooked up after this issue started.Please help with any Ideas you might have!

-question by Lynsey

I got the internet working in the Wii but my PC is not finding it in the network.The Wii is not finding my PC ither.I want to stream video from PC to the Wii. I am using Tversity

-reply by clint