xisto Community

Hey guys, my brother's machine is screwing up.It blue screened at least 3 times today. The first two times it came with a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error. Alright, so I went to do a chkdsk /f /r. Once that was complete, the system rebooted into Windows again.Then when I login, it gives me a STOP 0x00000024 bluescreen and then I'm like O.o?!?What should I do?Is it a corrupt filesystem? It was just working while my bro was just on Firefox so highly unlikely or is it a problematic hardware?He has a Samsung 160GB HDD ... could it be the motherboard causing faulty data?Thanks,xboxrulz

I think you have corrupted ram. Try running memtest. Or you can try get into safe mode by pressing F5 when booting up. As for memtest, most livelinux distro has it. E.g. Koppix. Get the 2007 cd version. It's also good for backing up your file from your computer in case you can never get into windows again

Generally speaking, and since the days of Windows 2000, a STOP 0x00000024 error indicates an NTFS file system problem. It may be as simple as the ntfs.sys going berserk, or as bad as the entire hard drive getting corrupt for some reason.

Since your brother was working regularly (and so it seems that the hardware didn't receive any smacks on the head), it should only be a software issue. But you've already tried the chkdsk /f /r command, so it looks like this is a dead-end.

Perhaps you should have your brother try his luck with the low-hanging fruit. Have him check that the hard drive's power and data cables are plugged in correctly, and then run another disk check. You might also want to take a look at Microsoft's official paper regarding this error message...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

This is pertinent to Windows 2000, but nothing seems to indicate that it won't work for Windows XP as well. So give that a shot and let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Apparently, it was a paging issue and it's a faulty RAM module. I guess after years of humming by beautifully it finally gave up.
xboxrulz

Which kind of RAM does this PC have ? If you are lucky it's cheap today ?

0x00000024 SolvedStop 0x00000024

I found that on a Dell XPS M1330, the SATA setting had to be changed from ACHI to ATA in order to get the system to boot. After a successful boot (which included an automatic chkdsk), I could change it back to ACHI.

-reply by bulletproof

Stop : 0x00000024Stop 0x00000024

Hi all,

I want to try to run a chkdsk but not to sure how, As I am unable to get past the prompt. Of safe mode, atm I'm on the recovery console but its just got a blk screen and the white _ flashing in the top corner of the screen. I have the blue screen pop a few times today. But was hoping it would last til thew weekend wherwe as I'm not working and able to sort it out. Id like to be able to get back on windows to back up all my data before formatting the computer as it is due for a clean up. How can I save my comp :(

-reply by Nicky