xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phdex

Starcraft Fans..

There's a website for starcraft 2, it's starcraft2.com, it'll have most the stuff you want to know about it. It should be coming out by the end of this year, but since blizz works on a game until it's perfect (not just good graphics and crappy everything else...EA<<), By perfect I meen they have a team of people made specifically to catch every little glitch, every modeling error, every gameplay error, and what makes the game not fun, And then they improve those bits to make it a blizzard worthy game, If they can't, they cancel it. (Starcraft ghost)

Yes, and lets not forget that they've also announced Diablo III and the new WoW expansion: Wrath of the Lich King. These are two major projects that may consume some of their resources, and slow down the production for Starcraft 2.

I hate it when they turn a good game to 3D, personally i think it kills it. I mean even if you get a computer with enough power to run the game, which isn't hard these days, its not that fun anymore. I used to like Heroes of might and magic alot. I played Heroes III, IV and IV expansion. Then Heroes V came with 3D graphics. Sure it was fun in the begining but later its just annoying, its better off as good 2D graphics than annoying 3D graphics where you have to change the angle to see if theres an army hiding behind a tree or a mountain. I hope this won't be the case in Warcraft III, but then again it probably is. I played Warcraft III and frozen thrones, i'd like to see how the story continues, but if its gona be annoying i'd rather read the story from some website.

I highly doubt they'll release Starcraft II by the end of this year. They'll probably be releasing all three games by the end of next year.And starcraft2.com doesn't contain some information you might want to know, such as the fact that Blizzard is not releasing Starcraft II as one game, but as three seperate games (one core game and two expansion packs) named Terran: Wings of Liberty, Zerg: Heart of the Swarm, Protoss: Legacy of the Voice.I agree with khalilov. I think turning the game 3D and changing so many things from the original will severely unbalance the game, but we shall see. After all, it's Blizzard.I am also very very interested in this new Map Editors of theirs. It'll be more powerful than the ones used in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (which was already damn powerful) so I think I'll enjoy twiddling with some functions =]. Hopefully they'll keep the mission briefing types of loading from the original Starcraft games.

I also used to play starcraft, but didn't know about starcraft2 to much until Today, but even though they're still creating it, I don't think the project will be abandon, because there are so much Starcraft fans out there, a lot of people still play it!Furthermore, I agree with khalilov about 2D gaming, not always you need to create a sequel by adding 3D, sometimes it really sucks, especially with Heroes, I played Heroes III and IV, but the Heroes V series, everything is 3D and it's not the same, even though it was quite cool in the beginning to play it, but it's not the same. 2D games still needs to be developed, really good 2D Games!