xisto Community
hahihuhei

Need A Free Graphic Design Software? Try Paint.net!

Paint.net is a free graphic design software,although it is not professional enough,but as a freeware,it does a good job on graphic design!it is good enough for common usage...so....let's try it out and post your comment here!

Could you give more information about the actual software? What are its capabilities and limitations? Where does it stack up in relation to photoshop or more importantly Gimp since it is free as well. Try giving a little more meat to your posts rather then just saying to check out a website ;)

It's not as powerfull as the GIMP, nothing near that, but it does come close. I think the main difference between paint.net and the gimp is that the gimp is more for photo editing and paint.net more for drawing.

Paint.net is for kids or people with limited computer experience/limited graphics. Novices.

I wouldn't exactly say that, Paint.net is a powerfull program, if you see what people can do in the regular paint then image what the posiblities of paint.net are. Of course, professional will never work with paint.net, it's not a $3000 software replacement ;)

Isn't bad but it's only freeware so we can't expect it to be any near as good as Photoshop.I know some people on my website that use it but say they never heard of Gimp so now they are switching rofl. They say it has some good features but envy me for having Photoshop.Also at rpgsearcherz you might wanna go get some tutorials once you find the right program. That's what helped me and i still use them.

Isn't bad but it's only freeware so we can't expect it to be any near as good as Photoshop.

The situation is not so obviously clear.For instance The Gimp is free, and from my own opinion, for the things I am currently wanting to do, it's really comparable to Photoshop.
Of course, this is another question, we should open a new topic concerning the comparison between The Gimp and Photoshop.
But I would say that a free software can be compared to The Gimp which can be compared to Photoshop.
So, seems that the real thing is that, if you want something free, beginners should use paint, experts should move to The Gimp, rich people go to PhotoShop, and very reach people who have US $ 249 should buy xara extreme pro.

The situation is not so obviously clear.For instance The Gimp is free, and from my own opinion, for the things I am currently wanting to do, it's really comparable to Photoshop.
Of course, this is another question, we should open a new topic concerning the comparison between The Gimp and Photoshop.
But I would say that a free software can be compared to The Gimp which can be compared to Photoshop.
So, seems that the real thing is that, if you want something free, beginners should use paint, experts should move to The Gimp, rich people go to PhotoShop, and very reach people who have US $ 249 should buy xara extreme pro.

I to think that some aspects of Gimp enables it to be compared to Photoshop but paint just doesn't have enough features to be in the same 'upper' category but as i said its only freeware. I agree with you with what your saying about being rich, beginner, experts etc. It's a good point. And i have never ever ever heard of xara extreme pro till now but looks great!

I am using Gimp and Paint.net, even though I usually prefer to use Gimp and am more used to it, but I also disagree that paint.net is for kids, it has most of the main features with which you can do a lot.. and it's really much better than simple Paint on Windows, even though it depends what you want to do with it, as I know paint doesn't have layers and such stuff and whats really good that Gimp and Paint.NET is free software, you can start with them and if you get into graphics then you can buy Photoshop or any other expensive program and create much more and "better" :rolleyes: