xisto Community
hahihuhei

Kaspersky?avast?nod32?or Rising

I've been using Avast for a long time and I very happy with the software. It might not have the best engine (Antivir has, at least, last year), but it's user-friendlyness is fantastic.

All are good, but sometimes they slow your computer down. Especially kaspersky. I suggest you use antiveer (i dunno if i spelled it right). Cleared alot of spyware/viruses from my computer once. But like i said they slow your computer down, thats why iam using Mcafe and iam being extra careful. Most spyware can be treated via system restores, annoying but it works most of the time. As for viruses, well i dont' have enough experience to manually delete or quaranteen them

I’m going to vote for Avast! also. I haven’t had any viruses in years mostly because I don’t do the stupid things to get them but I also have to think Avast! had something to do with it.

Not any of those. I prefer Avira AntiVir personal. It is powerful and free as well. Actualy I used AVG before and it works very nice until I updated for its 8th version, The worst of all. It slowed down my computer dramatically. And booting was a long process. It used almost all of my resources.So, I changed to Avira Free version. Its working very well. The best part of Avira is it uses very little resources of your system.

There will likely never be a 'silver bullet' of antivirus software that makes everyone happy, kills all viruses/spyware, etc. By anture they are constantly becoming outdated so thats an issue immediately and also because of how they work there are many issues like computer performance hits, bloated programs, etc. Frankly I feel that asking for opinions is fine but in this case they should only be used as a guide when there are particular elements of the software they mention liking or disliking in which it mirrors your own thought style. If you care alot about the interface then check what people say about that, or if performance hits are your main concern ask about that, or if the only thing you care about is that it cleans the viruses specifically check into that. It's usually a balancing act and you need to decide where you want to fall on it.Personally I've tried a lot and have never used a paid one that was horrible, except some that had bigger performance hits, and currently am running Nod32 without a hitch. As mentioned above I too also avoid stupid moves so that helps a lot but as long as you follow basic safe surfing practices any AV software should work out great for you.

I think Avira as good as kaspersky
try it ^^

Don't make such one-line posts, they look like spam and could be removed by mods.
Give us a useful info, at least give us the link to download Avira or tell us something about your experience with it, viruses found for instance.
Personnally I tried another one, F-Prot, and I was really disappointed when the installer asked me to be connected to the network and to disable the Windows firewall. I know that the windows firewall is almost useless, but it's stupid to ask me to disable it, a smarter way would be that the installer tries to allow the software in the firewall and asks me for confirmation, but asking to simply disable the firewall looks stupid coming from an expensive protection software environment.

I have used kaspersky, avast, nod32, and here are my comments based on my experience

• kaspersky is so paranoid, it "complains" even when a ym message is detected. I did not like it

• avast, it was I who found out that my pc has been infested. So many things went through avast without its detection. Another downside of avast is its update time, it takes me so long to update the virus definition file.

• nod32, same as avast, there were so many things that went through it without its detection

now I'm using avira. It's good in detecting foreign objects, also takes a short time to update

rising: I have not tried it yet. I've seen it run though. I have yet to read articles about it.

-reply by phraensys

srry to say everybody..............but i will recommend bitdefender total security 2009man it rocks all the antivirus shows tht win 32 is a virus as corrupts the osbut bidefender is ranked the best and also its cool just try it outall the best

I vote for avast its the best its one year free also great security latest updates.Resident shield and self-protection,Free automatic updates,Web and P2P protection,Anti-spyware & anti-rootkit tool,Over 30 language versions and much more but all for FREE

Yeah, I was a HUGE Bitdefender fan as well... That was until about 6 months ago, when I discovered that despite my having their full security suite, I STILL had about 10 viruses, and spyware resident programs on my machine.  Switched to Kaspersrky and haven't had any issues since.  BTW, Kaspersky's new engine uses a lot less resources than they have in the past.  The only one that uses less is Symantec's.

-reply by gster09

The best anti virus I think is you yourself by not opening files which you don't know and etc. Personally I think ESET NOD32 is a good antivirus as it is light and powerful, you just need to play with the settings a bit. Avast is a good choice if you want a free antivirus. :(