xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CheckProgs

Photoshop Cs4 Discuss the Pros about PS CS4 and what do you expect? et cetera.

Features

Adjustments panel

Simplify image adjustment by easily accessing every tool you need to non-destructively adjust and enhance the color and tone of your images; on-image controls and a wide variety of presets are also included in the new live and dynamic Adjustments panel

Extended depth of field

Combine a range of images, each with a different exposure, color, and focal point — with options to preserve tones and colors — into a single color-corrected image.

Masks panel

Quickly create and edit masks from the new Masks panel. This panel offers all the tools you need to create editable pixel- and vector-based masks, adjust mask density and feathering, easily select non-contiguous objects, and more.

Improved Adobe Photoshop Lightroom workflow

Select multiple photos in Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® software (sold separately) and automatically open them in Adobe Photoshop CS4 to merge them into a panorama, a high dynamic range (HDR) photo, or a multilayered Photoshop document. And seamlessly roundtrip back to Lightroom.

Content-Aware Scaling

Use the new and revolutionary Content-Aware Scaling feature to automatically recompose an image as you resize it, smartly preserving vital areas as the image adapts to the new dimensions. Get the perfect image in one step without time-intensive cropping and retouching.

Better raw image processing

Enjoy superior conversion quality as you process raw images with the industry-leading Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 5 plug-in, which now offers localized corrections, post-crop vignetting, TIFF and JPEG processing, and support for more than 190 camera models.

Auto-blending of images

Easily create a single image from a series of shots that have different focal points with the enhanced Auto-Blend Layers command, which smoothly blends color and shading and now extends your depth of field, automatically correcting vignettes and lens distortion.

Industry-leading color correction

Enjoy dramatically enhanced color correction with reengineered Dodge, Burn, and Sponge tools that now intelligently preserve color and tone details.

Auto-alignment of layers

Create accurate composites with the enhanced Auto-Align Layers command. Move, rotate, or warp layers to align them more accurately than ever before. Or use spherical alignment to create breathtaking panoramas.

More powerful printing options

Get outstanding prints with superior color management, tighter integration with leading printer models, and the ability to preview out-of-gamut image areas. Support for 16-bit printing on Mac OS offers increased color depth and clarity.

Efficient file management with Adobe Bridge CS4

Get instant access to Adobe Bridge CS4 with faster start-up, use new workspaces to jump to the right display for every task, easily create web galleries and PDF contact sheets, and more.

File display options

Easily work with multiple open files by using tabbed document display or n-up views.

Discuss Photoshop CS4. Edited by CheckProgs (see edit history)

As an FYI in case you missed reading the board rules you need to put quoted text in quote tags. As this is lifted verbatim from Adobe's site you may want to edit the post. Anyway CS4 does seem like to have some good features added to it. One of the most exciting for many of us who produce art in Photoshop have wanted the ability to freely rotate the canvas. Hopefully the tool on PS will be as quick and easy as the one in Painter. When I get my Beta copy I will probably post some thoughts on it.

Some awesome feature they have added but I might wait until the full version (out of beta) till i get it.CS3 is just as good in my eyes and I dont see myself getting it straight away. But I will certainly look forward to it coming out in full.P.S...That autoblend feature looks great!

Man Adobe is really pushing this suites... I think they fix up a past version, then go right into a new one... Maybe I am just being a bit envious or jealous, even. But I am happy with my Photoshop CS right at this moment. If I ever really get some crazy amount of money some day maybe I would put it towards a suite. Maybe even if I plan to get into like Freelance... I am putting the freelance on hold to start a career in IT... so I will be totally happy with what programs I have at the moment...I like that it is a household name and continues to keep up the good work with Adobe products... Someday I may just put the money to good use... as long as I would be able to upgrade and not keep having to shell out a lot of money for new versions.This was really meant to be a good post and not a rant... hahha

Thank you, I edited it.Some sites have released the beta version, and I have it. It's pretty awesome. It is simpler to create tags and update the generation of tags in such a way.Dreamweaver as well has been improved.