xisto Community
Running With Scissors1405241561

The New Gu Roctane Ultra endurance energy gel

Heres my review of the new GU Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel:If you are a racer whether it be biking, swimming, running or whatever you have probably used or saw other people use energy gels. Well I’m here to tell you about the the newest of these gels the GU Roctane which made its way to shelves in June 2008. Since then I have used them for running races from 1 mile to 10 miles long.The thing that surprised me the most about this product is that actually works. Basically if you’re chasing your best time this is the thing to use.How does it help?Well the first thing it does is gives you energy because of the different types of carbohydrates that are in it.Secondly it has amino acid which slows down the build up of lactic acid in your muscles.Lastly it has Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate or OKG. This stops the body from breaking down your muscle protein.Flavors: Blue Berry Pomegranate and Vanilla OrangeIngredients for the Vanilla Orange flavor:Maltodextrin (Glucose Polymers), Filtered Water, Fructose, Roctane Amino Blend (Histidine, Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine), Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (OKG), Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Citrate, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Calcium Carboate, Sea Salt, Natural Orange Flavor, Caffeine, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium SorbateMy final verdict:I think it’s a great product for long distance runners and bikers. I think it really does help you go faster for longer. If you have a race of any kind I would recommend that you buy one.