xisto Community
Eggie

Pc Problem

i have a problem with my PC...when i start a game (FABLE:TLC or shaiya) something starts working very fast and louder in my case and the PC shuts down immediately(sometimes) and sometimes i can just play the game normally....when i place my hand over graphics card (Geforce 9600 galaxy) it is not very hot..its normal...do u understand?

It seems that first issue you shall need to address is that of the unknown sound from your case. Leaving the case open when you start one of the problematic applications should you to easily ascertain the culprit. Bear in mind the only hardware with moving parts are fans, hard drives, and any Cd/DVD drives installed. Thus the sound has to be from of these components.

You listed two games whose launch seem to be precursor to your system failure. Thus, the obvious question is if you experience similar issues when starting any other applications particularly any that would put more of a strain on the system such as 3D games or applications.

You have stated that the PC "shuts down immediately" while this is not a particularly helpful description it leads me to believe that the PC has powered off entirely. For the moment I shall assume that is the case. There are only two reasons that any piece of equipment would lose power; one being it is designed to under certain circumstances the other that there is something wrong with the power delivery. If the CPU is running too hot many systems are designed to shut down before any permanent harm is done to the electronics. Thus if you have the ability to check your CPU temperature during operation do so. You may find that your hand thermometer is a bit less accurate than thought. Another consideration is that the power supply has developed a fault. If this is the case it very plausible that once the video card draws more power (It looks like yours may be overclocked judging from a quick look on the Galaxy web site) and the hard drive does the same that the supply is simply failing at that point. I would do a web search for power supply testing methodologies.

There could also be an issue with the mother board where a circuit is overloading or a capacitor not doing it's job resulting in the power off. In my experience typically if the Motherboard is faulty it is more likely not to run at all or reboot itself not power down completely.

Of course any of this could be wrong as I am guessing from a rather sketchy problem description. You, of course, should do some basic trouble shooting such as checking event logs as well.

I hope that some of this is helpful or at the least informational.

do u understand?

Side Note: Please remember that an attempt at proper grammar is a rule on the board. You is not that many more letters.

Reminds me partially of my old laptop, affectionately called the "craptop". Its fans were a bit...useless, so in summer it would heat up to a high enough temperature to turn itself off within, say...30 seconds of it turning on? In winter, however, it would run indefinitely (with the fans sucking air in and blasting it out at their highest speed possible, which was around the area of "making a lot of noise but not actually doing anything"), providing I didn't tell it to do too much. Despite that, it remained at a temperature not too far from what the surrounding temperature was on the outside. It was only inside that the bits were cooking themselves, and for some reason the heat didn't get through the thin plastic. Cool, huh?

What annoyed me was that I first got the craptop in winter, so it steadily got worse and worse as the months warmed up until I was left with access to a computer that was on a seasonal basis. Funtimes...

And I'm rambling again, aren't I? ;)

Seems to be a codec problem occurring with some graphic boards.
This problem seems to be identified in the fable forums and a solution seems to exist here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks to eumesmo12e for researching this fix and posting about it. This solution is for anyone who has been having Fable TLC crash when they have tried to load a profile or at the menu. Only way they could get around it before is to keep deleting the profile over and over. However thanks to eumesmo12e we now have a solution.

Seems rather complicated but they claim it works, please tell us if this solution applies to your case.Regards
Yordan

I am not really sure where the sound comes from but i know that that didn't happen on my onboard graphics while loading game or when it starts....the problem could be in the graphics fan....as i noticed...when i start my PC,stop the graphics card fan,PC suddenly shuts down,or you could call it restarts(screen becomes black like when you are restarting your PC but nothing happens after)...So i guess problem could be that graphic card overheats or something like that,could someone find some software for checking temperature on my graphics,i couldn't find one...Other thing...my CPU temperature is like 20 C below shutdown temperature when i start my PC again,and temerature cant drop for 20C in less than 1 minuteBy The Way graphic card is AGP version

Edited by Eggie (see edit history)