xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
liveblue

Windows Black Edition

Windows black ? ;) That's the first thing I've heard about it. The next windows release is Windows 7 (aka Windows Vienna), google it and you'll find lots of info ;)

I think wutske answered your question already, but here's a bit about Windows Black, in case you're interested in knowing...

If I remember correctly, Windows Black Edition is one of cracked, slipstreamed Windows editions that some people or Warez group make and populate around the Internet, usually through Warez and P2P sites. What slipstreamed means is that it already contains a number of software applications that most people find useful, and those applications are usually cracked as well.

Keep in mind though that these editions are all essentially illegal. And more often than not, they contain viruses and/or trojan horses built into them. The Windows Black Edition in particular has a bad reputation of being unstable, sometimes showing the notorious Blue Screen of Death right after installation. The reason Windows Black has received so much publicity over other slipstreamed versions is, I assume, because of its stylish, Vista-ish look and myriad of customization options.

I didn't know there was any popularity to 'slipstreamed' windows versions. I find it pretty interesting even though I'd never use one haha. Windows is unstable enough without less knowledgeable folks poking around in it... heh.What is that commercial... they have windows _____ as the 'next' windows in a test but it ends up being vista ;) Surprised there aren't more people thinking that is legit, heh. But yea, the 'name' of the next windows or the one after that isn't really relevant. I mean, its just a name or codename, so it's not overly important. Hell even information about it at this point is useless since it'll change so much by the time a real release gets here, years from now.

The next Windows after Vista is confirmed to be called Windows 7 which is based on their "Vienna" project. It is said to be a very slimmed down version of Vista's kernel and will also come with DirectX 11 as I've heard. Which is good news for Vista users since DirectX 11 will also run on Vista.xboxrulz

Windows Mojave, the psychological marketing test where they give users a test of the windows called "Windows Mojave", but it is actually running Windows Vista. It is actually quite interesting, but Microsoft should come up with better products. With less compatibility problems and higher stability.

I think you are thinking about windows "Blackcomb" which (correct me if I am wrong) is the version after vista. They may have changed the name of windows Blackcomb to something else such as Windows Vienna or even Windows 7 (how original) but I think the software still around and still being developed under a new name. The Mojave project was just to test people that obviously didn't know what vista looked like, but had heard of other people saying they didn't like it therefore they developed bad opinions about vista as well. The first reaction you get is "wow maybe I should give vista a try", but then you look at the statistics and most of the people have either never had a computer before or have been using a Windows XP or earlier model. Only 1 percent of the people tested used Linux (which is a little interesting why they pretty much left them out of the survey). Windows Blackcomb is now planned to release in June 3, 2009 a year earlier then originally scheduled (probably due to the fact people just don’t like vista much). I do have one question though. What ever happened to windows longhorn? I have never seen anyone use it but archives say it was released in 2001 after Windows XP? Did they just not make in public in the United States or something or is it the same as Windows Vista?Thanks,Sparkx

If you install GRUB using Ubuntu, you will see that the bootloader for Windows is labelled Windows Vista/Longhorn (loader). I think that Longhorn was an internal build name or something.

I haven't know more about this windows black edition.But just knew the next version of windows was called windows 7.And it's pre-beta copy will be availabe for beta tester and developeron the PDC at NOV.I also saw some guess screen that showed the UI will be using ribbon UI like office 2007 used now.

black editionWindows Black Edition

thanks for the info about the black edition...Especially the thing that it is illegal

-reply by chen

windows 7 black editionWindows Black Edition

I have windows seven black edition and it works fine should I have it un installed and install I guess regular windows seven . My laptop has 1g with 1.4 mhz and no problem yet but from what I been reading this post are from 08 and now is at the end of 09 does it mean that my system is ok or am I bond to get viruses or system failures. 

-reply by crazy86