xisto Community
Jersey1405241562

New Apple Ipod Nano!

Posted Image

The Genius Feature

Say youâre listening to a song you really like and want to hear other tracks that go great with it. The Genius feature finds the songs in your music library that go great together and makes a Genius playlist for you. Itâs like having your own highly intelligent, personal DJ.

Upgraded Way to Find Your Music

Itâs even easier to find the song you want to hear. Now you can view your album art in Cover Flow. Or just press and hold the Center button to browse by album or artist. When you find the right song, press the Center button to add it to your on-the-go playlist.

Rock and Roll (Flip Screen Feature)

Tilt or turn iPod nano on its side, and youâll listen, watch, and play in new ways. You can flip through your album art with Cover Flow. Or, vertically speaking, see more albums and artists on the screen at one time.

Shake n' Shuffle

Sometimes, we could all use a little unpredictability. And now you can shake to shuffle your music. Just give iPod nano a shake and it shuffles to a different song in your music library. Youâll always be surprised by what youâll hear.

iGames

Now you can get in on games made especially for iPod nano and the accelerometer. They respond to the way you move, so theyâre immersive, addictive, and a blast. iPod nano comes with Maze, which lets you work your way through vast mazes by tilting and moving. You can find even more games on the iTunes Store.

Nano Chromatic Specs

Size and weight

Height:3.6 inches (90.7 mm)

Width:1.5 inches (38.7 mm)

Depth:0.24 inch (6.2 mm)

Weight:1.3 ounces (36.8 grams)1

Display

* 2-inch (diagonal) liquid crystal display with blue-white LED backlight

* 320-by-240-pixel resolution at 204 pixels per inch

Input and Output

* Dock connector

* 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack

Audio

* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz

* Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

* User-configurable maximum volume limit

Battery and Power

* Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery

* Playback time

o Music playback time: Up to 24 hours when fully charged

o Video playback time: Up to 4 hours when fully charged

home - The EMGN Nation

Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)

* Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)

* Full-charge time: about 3 hours

Capacity

* 8GB or 16GB flash drive

* Holds up to 2,000 or 4,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format

* Holds up to 7,000 or 14,000 iPod-viewable photos

* Holds up to 8 hours or 16 hours of video

* Stores data via USB flash drive

Headphones

* Earphones

* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz

* Impedance: 32 ohms

Accessibility

* Spoken menus allow listeners to hear many of the names of menus, song titles, and artists without viewing the screen.

* An alternative large font can make menus easier to read.

* A high-resolution LCD display with adjustable contrast and backlight settings makes it easier to read in low light.

* Captions in video are displayed when they are present using a legible, high-contrast white-on-black font.

Video

H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Languages

* Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish

* Additional language support for display of song, album, and artist information: Bulgarian, Croatian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Thai, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese

Mac system requirements

* Mac computer with USB 2.0 port

* Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later

* iTunes 8 or later

Windows system requirements

* PC with USB 2.0 port

* Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3

* iTunes 8 or later

So your thinking with all that, there will be a hefty price?

The retail price of a Nano Chromatic will be

$169.00 Canadian Dollars

$149.00 USD

home - The EMGN Nation

For 149.00 (169.00 American) you will receive:

* iPod nano

* Earphones

* USB 2.0 cable

* Dock adapter

* Quick Start guide

Ratings

Audio: 9.5/10

Capacity: 9.0/10

Battery Power: 10/10

New Look: 9.5/10

http://www.apple.com/ipod/

Jersey, if you copy something from another site, you should place it between quotes and refer to the source (apple.com in this case). I'm quite surprised they've switched back to the 'longer' format (Nano 2nd) instead of the more rectangular format (Nano 3rd). It looks like Apple is realy pushing their developper to put as many features in it and they are not very original in doing it.

Great price, but as wutske said not very original but nevertheless they look good. Wouldn't mind the green one. I brought my Samsung YP-T10 for around the same price. My mp3 has more features i bet.

Great review Jersey! Sounds like a great deal for that price. I like the new look of this nano. The genius feature sounds really cool. If I didn't have a iphone I might be tempted to get this.With all this good stuff isn't there any down sides compared to the last version?

Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

I've never bought an iPod in my life - I've stuck with various brands of mp3s. However, this iPod seems quite a bit different from the rest, and I think I'm willing to give it a try. I'm going to take a look at them and try one out if I can. If any has any negative feedback, I'd really appreciate it if you could post it here/message me with it. Thanks ;).

Well, my current MP3 Player went through the wash a couple days ago, so I think I'm going to give this thing a try. It's only $139 in Canada at Best Buy, and it has plenty of features (and enough space for me). I'm currently debating on whether to get a Zune or this iPod. They both have different appealing features (the Zune has the wifi, and the iPod has the 'genius' feature, and the easy shuffle.) Anyone know what I should do? The Zune is $10 cheaper, but if one of them is much better than the other then 10 dollars doesn't matter to me.

The Applie iPod Nano is not too bad, but I personally wouldn't get one if I was looking for a MP3 / Video player. The design sort of doesn't appeal to me. I would prefer the Apple iPod Touch with a full touch screen instead of a smaller screen and touch wheel, which now looks outdated ever since the Applie iPod Touch and Apple iPhone came out.

I have mixed opinions about the new ipod nanos. The features are great but personally I preferred the look of the original nano's (the glossy clear sleek look) compared to this new metallic look but that is just personal preference. I like the addition of the new larger screen.Overall it's decent but I probably wouldn't buy it.

If I were to buy a iPod, it would probably want to go for the iPod Touch, or the iPhone if I also needed the phone functionality. The reason is because both the iPod Touch and iPhone have a large touchscreen that is better for watching videos than on the iPod nano, which has in effect a 'nano' or small screen. Also, I feel that the iPod Touch and iPhone have better functionality, as applications can be purchased off the App Store and installed, providing a dynamic set of applications and games on offer.