xisto Community
magiccode91405241511

Frostwire A Limewire clone

I have noticed that there is a new applications
that is based-on Limewire pro code based.

So there is no simultaneous download restrictions and advertising.

Here is the quote,

FrostWire is a fork of the LimeWire source code, and as such, it functions exactly the same. When you search for a file using FrostWire, you get results from LimeWire, and vice versa.
However, the user experience differs in two ways. One is that the code is actually based on LimeWire Pro, the paid version of the popular P2P client, so users don't have to worry about simultaneous download restrictions, and they won't get bombarded by ads. Also, befitting the name, the interface has changed from green to blue and has been slightly improved. Tabs have rounded corners, and there are two additions, as well. Connections monitors your outgoing and incoming connections by host name, but also provides bandwidth information, the vendor and version being used, and more. There's also a built-in community chat.

When we tested it, the built-in media player in FrostWire didn't work with MP3s or MPGs, although those files worked fine in LimeWire and elsewhere. The app also comes bundled with the ASK toolbar, but you can opt out of that during the installation process. While some people have experienced faster download times with FrostWire compared with its parent, others have not. FrostWire and LimeWire are practically indistinguishable, although the lack of ads is a big plus.

Checkout the http://download.cnet.com/windows/

I meant to try that out.. maybe when I have a little more time available. I guess it seems like it is a similarity of Limewire. I am hoping that it will excell in different areas, and maybe operate in places where Limewire is and was lacking. It will at least be another installed data share program on my computer, if it is not as good as it sounds.But all in all, I am glad that you posted it, and it is definately worth my time...

frostwire has as many corrupted files as limewire, many trojansFrostwire

Replying to xboxrulz

there are as many corrupted files on frostwire as limewire, there always seem to be a trojan on every download

-reply by edward smith

Does any peer to peer programs have a seach that will keep seaching all day? Kazaa lite used to do this. Please help. Thanks Frostwire

Does any peer to peer programs have a seach that will keep seaching all day?  Kazaa lite used to do this. Please help. Thanks

-reply by jimbob

I prefer FrostWire over LimeWire, because of its appearance as well as its functionality. I find that FrostWire is a bit faster at making connections, and it handles torrents better as well. Also, the spam filter is a bit better, but I haven't used LimeWire in a while so I'm not too sure about that one.The only thing is, I'm not sure if FrostWire 4.x is equivalent to LimeWire 5.x because the versioning is different.

I found both frostwire and limewire as buggy and i avoid them. i prefer torrentz these days and as there is less virus stuff on demonoid stuff so it's worth to get torrent instead of limewire or frostwire.