xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JeffGirard

Question: Ssh Tunneling

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to pose this question or not, but it seemed close. If I was wrong, I apologize in advance.Essentially, I am looking to do ssh port forwarding (tunneling) to access a database via localhost. I know how to do this on a unix box, but am new to doing it on windows. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to pose this question or not, but it seemed close. If I was wrong, I apologize in advance.
Essentially, I am looking to do ssh port forwarding (tunneling) to access a database via localhost. I know how to do this on a unix box, but am new to doing it on windows. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but here goes:

1. download PuTTY

2. Run it and on the left side there will be a list. go to connection, ssh, tunnels

3. Set up dynamic port forwarding and connect to the ssh server

4. Then in your database program you need to forward from go to proxy options and go localhost for host and the port number you set up in putty for the port.
Edited by adavak (see edit history)