xisto Community
Eggie

Send Email Remotely

Looks like you want to create a tool for spamming. I hope not, because this would be against our forum rules.If you want to do this for a honest purpose, please give us some more infos.For instance, how do you want to do it ?Unix and Linux command-line shell can do it easily.Simply try this

CONSOLE
mail jurica666@hotmail.com <<!Hi, man, lookThis mail is sent unattendedwow!
This tells Unix to send a mail to jurica666. The mail text is between the leading <<! and the end-of-task symbol "!"So, first of all try this, it should work. If it does not work, this simply means that your Linux mailing system has a configuration problem.If this works, simply put these commands in a script named "brol.sh" and run it.Then you can improve the things by mean of giving an argument, and then fire it from a list of destination mails.

no ...im not trying to create spamming program...im trying to make an application which just sends text file....like.... i set it to send now and when computer starts again...so it would have to be one of the programs which starts up with OS(win XP)...u got the idea?

OK, now we have one part of the info : 1) You want a message to be sent by mail to a single person.2) It's a Microsoft Windows XP machine.Next question : is it for your home or is it for professional purposes ? (Which means can you buy something).My script still works, but, unlike Linux, Windows does not have a built-in mailer.So, let's first have goggling time to see if there is a free version of mailx for windows. Unless somebody here on the forum already has it.Yordan

I tried your technique but the email did not get through with "Mailing to remote domains not supported" error.
My mail command shows a new message like so...

New mail has arrived.&
To: lancer@lance-laptop
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:32:44 +1200

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

lancer@myemail.com
Mailing to remote domains not supported

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <lancer@lance-laptop>
Received: from lancer by lance-laptop with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <lancer@lance-laptop>)
id 1Ke5x3-0003X5-SM
for lancer@myemail.com; Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:32:33 +1200
To: <lancer@myemail.com>
X-Mailer: mail (GNU Mailutils 1.1)
Message-Id: <E1Ke5x3-0003X5-SM@lance-laptop>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:32:33 +1200

Hi, man, look
This mail was sent unattended
wow
&

but i need it to do it invisibly...so u dont have to type anythingit must send text file on every PC startup without informing you..for home use

but i need it to do it invisibly...so u dont have to type anythingit must send text file on every PC startup without informing you..

for home use

My trick will work invisibly : once a script is able to work, then this script can be put in c:\autoexec.bat or in the other Windows auto-start features.
The main problem I see is coming from the following message you received :

This means that sendmail is not fully installed on your PC. It works, but locally only, it has to be configured in order to mail to remote domains.Yordan

ok...i noticed that u can send email with batch filecan someone pls try it with my mail,tell me the results and paste script?mail:pikicko@gmail.compass:jajetic12(Google Gmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.comThe Gmail SMTP server requires authentication (use the same settings as for the incoming mail server)The Google Gmail SMTP Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) on port 465.)

HI,

OK, let's assume you can install some apps on a windows xp computer and because I forget how cdonts or cdo2000 work.

So, instead, you can install php command line tool and php mailer.

And then configure it to send mail by local group policy object.

Script Part

Create a php script file that call php mailer and send the mail you needed.

( for how php and php mailer works, please check the php and php mailer documentation )

Configure Part

1.) Install php and php mailer as usual.

2.) click start -> run -> gpedit.msc

3.) user configuration -> windows settings ->scripts (Logon / Logoff)

4.) double-click the logon entry

5.) type in the script name and the path.

c:\php\php.exe [script-to-send-mail]

So, every time users logon to the computer.

The mail will get sent. ( for dial-up, please use with rasdial.exe [dial-up-profile])

P.S. You may also put all things in a batch file.

I don't recommended to use the build-in mail function because it might not work as expected

on some machine or system as this is reported by many users.

Please let me know if it is work for you !

Thanks,

Posted Image

Edited by magiccode9 (see edit history)

The main problem I see is coming from the following message you received :

This means that sendmail is not fully installed on your PC. It works, but locally only, it has to be configured in order to mail to remote domains.
And to configure it I need to.......???

You first need to have sendmail for windows, I have found one here : http://glob.com.au/sendmail/
I will try it and see how to configure it, should be simple :

copy sendmail.exe and sendmail.ini to \usr\lib on the drive where the unix application is installedeg. if your application is installed in c:\bugzilla, sendmail.exe and sendmail.ini need to be copied to c:\usr\lib\sendmail.exe and c:\usr\lib\sendmail.ini.
configure smtp server and default domain in sendmail.ini

i want to know how can i send email with a program(invisibly)...i want to create it but i dont know howu can contact me on MSN
jurica666@hotmail.com

I once used "BSMTP.DLL" which can be downloaded in
http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/babaq/basp21.html

The usage is in
http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/babaq/vbtips.html

These are japanese site and of course I know you can not read Japanese.
But I believe you can use it only if you follow English parts.