xisto Community
khalilov

Css File Size

Iam using a CSS file of 23+KB size, thats cuz i am not using tables XD, i am gona work on that and replace everything with tablesbut i still have alot of things to work on my sight. My question, will this cause any performance issues when people view my sight?

I can't imagine it... if you had one that was 100's of kilobytes then on slower connections there may be a performance hit simply downloading the file but I mean other then maybe an extra second to download the css file I cant see why it would cause a performance hit. 23kb of data isn't enough to cause modern computers to use any noticeable time to scan/parse/etc them. I could be wrong but IMO it should be fine.

I agree that 23 kb isn't really to much for performance these days, the only thing which can happen is that for the first seconds people will only see the HTML layout and after some seconds when slowly the css file will be downloaded they will see your layout as it has to be and if it isn't dynamic and the headers are right, it will be cached by the browsers..You could use gzip and php to output it, it would be much smaller, but you will use less bandwidth, but more server performance, even though you won't even feel it. ;)

Iam using a CSS file of 23+KB size, thats cuz i am not using tables XD, i am gona work on that and replace everything with tablesbut i still have alot of things to work on my sight. My question, will this cause any performance issues when people view my sight?

Wait, so you are going to replace everything with tables ? Bad boy ! Bâââââd boy ! Tables aren't made for designing pages, but to order data.

Wait, so you are going to replace everything with tables ? Bad boy ! Bâââââd boy ! Tables aren't made for designing pages, but to order data.

Maybe you want to create some kind of forms ? Then, the trick would not be trying to do it with tables, the real goal would be to learn how to create frames or forms with css.