xisto Community
mattyk3001

Database

<?php $c = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'p1kap1ka'); mysql_select_db('lite2', $c); $mykey=256573440; ?>In this code where shall I post my database name (and my database name should it contain my hosting name so before it there should be a165_game For example? or should it just be game?) and where shall I put the user password?

<?php $c = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'p1kap1ka');
mysql_select_db('lite2', $c);
$mykey=256573440;
?>

In this code where shall I post my database name (and my database name should it contain my hosting name so before it there should be a165_game For example? or should it just be game?) and where shall I put the user password?

According to MySQL manual

mysql_connect ( [string server [, string username [, string password [, bool new_link [, int client_flags]]]]] )

So clearly "root" in your code is the username and "p1kap1ka" is your password.

As for database name,

mysql_select_db ( string database_name [, resource link_identifier] )

So, it would be "lite2".

When you create your database in cpanel, you should have the database name generated for you. The lasttime I did, it appended my username along with it like you suggested. Anyway, you should check the generated name in cpanel instead of mere guessing.

The name of the database that is given to me by mysql is a1663202_game should it be a1663202_game or just "game". And in the script should the database name be entered where the script says "lite2"?EDIT:So what you are saying is the database name should be written in localhost and the username and password in the other sections? or should it just be left as local host username password?for example looking like this.<?php $c = mysql_connect('localhost', 'a1663202_user', 'PASSWORD'); mysql_select_db('a1663202_game', $c); $mykey=256573440; ?>

Edited by mattyk3001 (see edit history)

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a1663202_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a1663202/public_html/mysql.php on line 2Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a1663202/public_html/mysql.php on line 3These are the two error messages i'm then getting when i am trying to access the game and sign up.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a1663202_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a1663202/public_html/mysql.php on line 2

Access denied means your login or password is wrong. Check the database creation page for more information on this. Sometime, they also provide the connection string which you can refer to.

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a1663202/public_html/mysql.php on line 3

Since you can't connect to the server, you do not have a valid MySQL-Link resource that you can select your database with. You need to get pass line 2 before line 3 will execute properly.

Probably your user name is also a1663202_gameDid you try connecting with PhpMyadmin in order to see what happens ?Usually, when kind people create a database for you, they provide you with :1) server name (usually localhost, but sometime it's something different)2) database name3) database username4) database username password