xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flamez

Center Update Make the center of the page change only

This is going to be a little hard to explain so just let me know whats confusing you.Ok I'm making an online game and i will have a banner on top and have all the page links on the left and have other options on the right and when ever you click one of these links i want it to open in the center of the page and want the rest of the page to look the same. In other words i want the page layout the same and what ever page you go to open in the center which will also be in a box/table.How could i do this. I know it's possible because I've seen it on many other gaming websites.

Just a site-wide design. Nearly everywhere has it. It needs some fore-planning and structure, but then so does the game.

Sorry, but i don't get what you mean. Can you explain it a little more?

Thanks

Simply put make every page the same with the exception of the area (Table or Div) that needs to have different content.

The concept is very basic when you know a bit of HTML. If the post is any indicator you may wish to head to head over the W3Schools and get started learning some XHTML and CSS.

Edited by Darasen (see edit history)

A worse alternative would be frames, but a better alternative would be PHP includes, which you can make 1 file for a sidebar, 1 file for the header and so on by making only 1 file for each reusable "component".

Then you include the files wherever you need them by:

<?php include_once("sidebar.php"); ?>
assuming the file is called sidebar.php. This can save a lot of time. Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)